Need to install a dead man switch

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Before it freakin kills me. I've had a dual speed rotary I bought from ebay for some time. It had a funky plastic handle that the insides came loose a few times and decided just to rig it up (pic below). It works fine but it sure is dangerous due to that it doesn't have a dead man switch.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can add another switch to make it safer?. What kind of switch specifically. I'm not really looking to spend a bunch of money for a new handle due to that the machine bogs down and may be on it's last leg.

DSCN1464_edit.jpg

thanks,
Albert

asupremeclean

could you rig up some kind of trigger mechanism with a switch attached like the one on my rx20. If you let it go it's off. You could get the button from Hydromaster.

You press the button and pull the trigger at the same time to get it running then once you let the trigger go it is off till you do it again.

I wouldn't think it would be hard to set up if you have an old wand trigger lying around.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Albert how much is it going to cost you to replace the end table and lamp or repair the wall that thing is gonna take out? BY A NEW ONE. Your playing with fire brother. It just aint worth the 800-1000 you will pay for a half decent new machine.

That's my opinion. :)

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
That's a good idea Chris, I'll look at my rx and see if it's doable.

John, it's not the replacement charge that I'm worried about. It's hurting somebody with it so yeah it's pretty dumb to not have it replaced. Fortunately I'm just using it in the garage for practicing stone restoration so it doesn't go in a job.

Albert

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok then. We have the switches for the RX-20 you can try to make work. You will need a handle. You still have the old one? Call me if you don't find something and I will check the bone yard and see if I can come up with some parts you can have for the cost of shipping and lunch for the boys i the shop for them pulling them for you :)

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
all you have to do is get yourself a push button that is "normally open" and install it on the back of your home grow-en handle where as you are using it your thumb could push it and this would close the circuit and if something would happen and you release it the circuit would break...............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom