Need to recommend a vacuum to the Theater..

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
That 18" has been my main vac for a while now Mikey.
Better then my kirby and sharks

But I don't think it's right for employees of a theater?
As you know running over coins etc with this style doesn't go over well.

If it's dedicated crew for cleaning then might be ok ?
I use both the shake out style bag and both types of bags regular/hepa. Great vacuum.

Reactions: Mikey P

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
That would be a great vacuum then.

Used to love the conquest but the last one we bought was a pos. Went through 2 motors in a year.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
they will love them.

16 pounds assembled too which was like 1 extra pound over the cdn model shark I had .... :shifty:

2014-07-11155232.jpg

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Let us know what they pick Mike. I bought a 14" Royal off Craigslist a couple months ago. It's great and I think I want the 18" model now. Royals aren't heavy at all, for what they are. That was my big hangup before owning one. (I know Mike is familiar with them, some might not be)

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
the chimps will continue to run the back packs, with the owners using the Royals in the lobby every few days.

Those backpack vacuums w/o a powerhead will not remove embedded fine particulate / encapsulated soil. They will just suck up dirt and debris sitting on top of the carpet fibers.

IMO, lack of thorough vacuuming with a powerful and effective vacuum cleaner is the reason that many consider low moisture cleaning as maintenance cleaning requiring periodic flushing with HWE on more accounts than I think necessary. I have not cleaned a commercial account yet that properly and thoroughly vacuums their carpets!!! Even when they purchase a vacuum cleaner that I recommend to them, they still either can't get their people to vacuum properly or don't give their people the time to vacuum properly. Most of these workers seem to think they need to vacuum only areas where they see visible soil, not the entire carpet.

For this reason, I always thoroughly vacuum commercial jobs, and charge for it, and don't give a price option w/o vacuuming. (I do itemize it separately so they can compare quotes with other cleaners who do not pre-vacuum) I use vacuum cleaners that I have tested for effectiveness, such as the Metal Royal, the Bissell Heavy Duty, and the Riccar Tandem Air vacuums, not those POS ProTeam 1500s or Sanitaires or similar models. I also OP with absorbent pads to remove significant amounts of soil what would be left behind using a Cimex.

I would recommend to the owners to vacuum ALL the carpeting with the Royal at least a few times between each cleaning. Maybe they could do a walk through looking for coins and metal objects before having their workers vacuum with the Royal.

I would also recommend mixing your encap juice for the dilution recommended for heavily soiled carpets. The excess polymer will more effectively deal with the extreme stickiness from soda spills.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
Great post Paul

Yes we will pre vacuum.

I disagree with your thoughts on the Sanitaire. With a good tight belt they work great.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
You know it's odd that Sebo gets slammed. Mine is 5 years old and still sucking the shite outta carpets like a charm. 4 of the property management companies I do work for have switched to Sebo and find them to be the best they've used, both for solid construction and longevity and they've gone through a whole pile of different brands. They get abused, but still keep ticking.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
You know it's odd that Sebo gets slammed. Mine is 5 years old and still sucking the shite outta carpets like a charm. 4 of the property management companies I do work for have switched to Sebo and find them to be the best they've used, both for solid construction and longevity and they've gone through a whole pile of different brands. They get abused, but still keep ticking.
I have one and it is well made and I'm sure it will last a long time but it simply does not vacuum well. It will pick up anything on or near the top of the carpet but it simply does not have the ability to deep vacuum. There is no comparison to what I can pull out of the carpet with my DC17 Absolute.

Mikey P

Administrator
But the same crappy belts that half the time wont finish a job.

They need to enclose the belt area and go Cogged like on those turbine heads

Back
Top Bottom