need your knowledge

brendan

Name
brendan
hi there,,,need some advice ,,,im looking to get a web site,,some companies say they can get my company up the google rankings,,surely every buisness wants and is trying to get on the first page on google,,has anyone advice on how to approch this,,thanks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
brendan said:
hi there,,,need some advice ,,,im looking to get a web site,,some companies say they can get my company up the google rankings,,surely every buisness wants and is trying to get on the first page on google,,has anyone advice on how to approch this,,thanks

PM Fred Cordel ("FCC" is his screen name here )

he's kind of selective about who he'll do work for..for his own good reasons
But the dude knows his chit.
He's a fookin geenyus

see if you can hire him for your needs .
if he declines, ask him who the next best is

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
I dont believe Fred designs websites.
Just gets them up top in a hurry.

A well formulated site with lots of testimonials from recognized civic leaders, reviews on Google Places and a Yelp like site along with a informative and helpful blog is a goldmine

I prefer Word Press sites for their ease of use and SEO hipness.

IMO, DO NOT ALLOW someone out side the industry to design and seo a site for you.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:

Fred can do anything
He's a fcking geenyus...fo-reel

I sensed the frustration in him though when he trying to walk "me" thru some things... :lol:

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
meAt said:
Mikey P said:

Fred can do anything
He's a fcking geenyus...fo-reel

I sensed the frustration in him though when he trying to walk "me" thru some things... :lol:

..L.T.A.

i can relate........!

mishi

Hi there,

Yes it is possible to get the ranks in the Google for a website. It is possible with the help of SEO(Search Engine Optimisation). Lots of SEO companies offering their services. You can choose anyone from them.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Was that Steve T on FCC's Computer ? Ivebeensold :shock:

SEO is huge but don't forget about the appearance of your site.
Andrechelle does nice websites but get involved in the creativity. Showcase your company and go with your strong points.

You need to have a website that will "make" the customer call or email you. What's the point otherwise?

Don't let the site feed your own ego with crap about processes or equipment.

Make sure it's friendly to the female homeowner.

Light colors...not dark colors with flames or bombs exploding.
And for crying out loud don't put a photo of a dog taking a leak on the carpet. :roll:

Put your phone number and call to action (Call Now!) in the upper right hand corner of the site along with an email link.
Put a small contact form on the front page.

REMEMBER: Not much else matters except for what's on the front page above the fold (above the fold means the screen where you don't have to scroll down).

If you can make that area above the fold look pretty and get people to call...your work is done.

With that said, the rest of your site needs to be uniform and organized. Not to mention very easy to navigate.

Don't turn your customers away with a page full of crap.

A few nice photos of kids or pets with something that says "Carpet Cleaning" and you should be fine.

If you bring a million people to your website and nobody calls....what's the point?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Oh, and be sure to have a nice looking logo. Place it in the left top corner of the site (on every page) and make it clickable back to your home page...customers expect that.

I think just text or a pixelated logo will turn people off quicker than anything...well almost.

There are people who do it professionally....I can do one in ten minutes that will look better than just writing your name out.

I'm not a pro at it. Anyone can do it with the right software.

I think Joe Polish has a "cookie cutter" type website that works for some.

PTMatt....I think that's his screen name has one...and he's beating me in the searches. lol

Here
http://www.proteamcarpetcare.com/

(Great, now I'm helping my competition get more links. lol)

I can't believe I almost forgot this
Here's a link to a website thread in the MMM room here on Mikey's Board
viewtopic.php?f=104&t=39670

3 pages of decent info.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Mikey P said:
A well formulated site with lots of testimonials from recognized civic leaders, reviews on Google Places and a Yelp like site along with a informative and helpful blog is a goldmine

I prefer Word Press sites for their ease of use and SEO hipness.

IMO, DO NOT ALLOW someone out side the industry to design and seo a site for you.
Amen to all these points. Plus Brian is dead-on re: not worshiping at the altar of SEO while ignoring the need for a functional and Emotionally Responsive web site. (One that doesn't look like it was designed by a fourth grader!) Andres has done a pretty good little web site check list right here:

http://sfs.jondon.com/7343/blog/the-top ... ld-include

In just a casual tour around carpet cleaning web sites it is amazing how many are missing one or more of Andres' five points.

Steve Toburen
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Thanks, Fred, for the link. There are a ton of great web site designers out there. What is nice about Andres is he actually runs his own carpet cleaning business so he uses and tests all of his stuff first out in the field. He also does his web site and SEO consulting way too cheaply (in my opinion) simply because his carpet cleaning business already provides well for him. His loss- your gain!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom