negative yelps..

Mikey P

Administrator
Here is a collection of bad Yelp reviews I found for other companies that I found interesting..

I called Ameripro today for carpet cleaning. Here is part of the message that I heard from their answering machine: "I specialize in single family homes. I don't do apartment complexes, condos, or town homes. Sorry about that." Hmmm... since I live in a town home, can I claim discrimination?
Elitist cleaner? lol

****Please stop sending me emails trying to intimidate me.

"If you can prove I cleaned your carpet ( which I seriously doubt)"
... Please see the image of my check you cashed that I uploaded.

"I never want to clean it again. Learn some manners."
... Wow, this seems to be a bit extreme. My review was not rude, simply fact based, why are you being so rude to me?

**Apparently any review that isn't 5 stars is considered to be a fake review? Just because I didn't reply to your message requesting my personal details does not mean this is a fake review. I have your van magnet on my fridge, do you need a picture of it for proof? The facts are that I said the cleaning was fine, no complaints. I just didn't appreciate you using my bathroom without asking and leaving the toilet seat up and using my water without asking and leaving the hose unplugged. Some simple courtesies go a long way...

My carpets needed an annual cleaning so I called Talbots based on their reviews. They did a fine job on cleaning, nothing special. I wasn't impressed that they used my bathroom without asking and left the toilet seat up. And they used my water for all of the cleaning and didn't even bother to hook the hose back up after they were done. I can't imagine they always use the client's water. What do they do when they are cleaning an apartment that doesn't have outside water access? For $300 I wasn't expecting to have to pay for the water on top of that.
Lots to learn here...

I had Genesis cleaning my carpet a year ago and it was great experience.
Anthony and Andrew did a really great job so I called for them this year again. This time a different person showed up and when I walked with him and pointed to the stains I would like to be removed he commented: this one is going be difficult because it's coffee spill, this one because is red crayons etc, but what surprised me the most he didn't put anything under legs of the table which is dark so now I have stains from that.

So if you are planning to have Genesis ask for Andrew or Anthony.
new chimp, not enough training..

Our carpets also look and smell great, and the technician did show up on time. The carpets took forever to dry, though, which was really disappointing given the fact that when I booked the appointment, I said I had a houseful of guests arriving the next day! He said they would be good to walk on after 4-6 hours, but 48 hours later -- still wet. Our stairs remained fairly wet for a good 4 days, which can't be good if you're trying not to grow mold.

(I previously used Stanley Steemer, and the carpets dried up nicely after 24 hours, but the cleaning solution was too heavily scented.)

P.S. After seeing this post, the owner of the company did contact me and offer to make things right -- which I definitely appreciate. He says carpets should never take more than 2 days to dry -- but see D.K.'s post - similar experience. Maybe a mechanical problem or a particular technician? I don't know, but...
perfect candidate for a Trinity.

After years of neglecting my white couches, I decided to call Genesis to clean them. Yelpers had excellent reviews about them so I was excited to finally have my white couches cleaned. I had these couches for over 10 years and they are in excellent condition. No one can tell that I had them for a long time. The only problem with the couches are some stains from babies vomit that were cleaned by myself but never professionally.

Two men came over on time and they were both professional and kind people. After 1 hour, the men said they could not remove the stains at all. So they tried mixing another cleaning solution but still nothing came out. I was really disappointed the stains couldn't come out and the cost. I had to pay full price even though nothing came out. I wanted to get at least a 50% discount so I can hire another company to come out and try but the men said that I still would have to pay full price which is unfair given that my couches are still stained. I gave them 3 stars for being on time and professional and making an effort to get the stains out.
lesson: start with the tough stains first so you can offer to quit if the client believes that you did all could be done and yet want to have thepiece cleaned anyways.

I plan to update this review once I am actually able to schedule an appointment.

When I called to schedule, the guy was very unprofessional--I thought I had called a wrong number and didn't even seem like I called a business. Yes, I understand they sold over 1,000 vouchers, but I find it hard to believe that the next opening would not be until a month out, especially given they told me the cleaning would take only about an hour after I gave him the square footage of my home (which by the way is 650 sq. ft.). I hope that there will be multiple people cleaning at once if they plan on cleaning my house in just an hour.

A smart business owner would forecast the additional volume from running a LivingSocial deal and prepare for the extra demand appropriately. Seems like they just wanted more business but didn't think through how they were planning to fulfill their customers.
-------------------------------------------- same company-------------
If I could give 0 stars, I would. I recently purchased a living social deal for a cleaning from E & G Green Clean. Since the increments for square footage were 1,000 or 3, 000 or 5, 000 and my house is about 1, 800, I went ahead and purchased the one for 3, 000 square feet.

I scheduled the appointment weeks in advance and they came yesterday. Knowing the house cleaners were coming, my roommates and I put everything away so that the cleaners could get to the real deal cleaning. The guy that came to the house was barely through the door before he said that our house was too dirty and they wouldn't clean it. They said in order to clean it, i would need to pay an extra fee. They did not even walk around the house. Also, I paid for a 3,000 square foot coupon and they only had 1,800 feet to clean. I pointed that out to the guy and he said again, the house was too dirty. Let me explain, we were in great need of a sweep and vacuum and we were probably overdue for that, but why would we sweep right before the cleaners were coming. Our house was dusty, had some dog hair, and the counter tops and ledges needed to be wiped down, but it was not excessively dirty. Just normal day to day dirty.

After arguing with the guy for several minutes, and really wanting the house to be cleaned, I reluctantly agreed to pay an extra $50, but I informed him that I would be writing a review and letting living social know about the bad service. He went out to his car and came back with a second person. After walking around, they said, even with the extra $50, they wouldn't clean it. I can't emphasize enough how our house was not that bad. It was absolutely ridiculous.

It was comical how bad of a service I received. .

I was so mad it got me online to write my first yelp review. Ugh!
Groupon and Living Social is not for carpet cleaning, you dope!

I called Zimp based on some of the reviews here. But now I really regret that choice. The guy who came out (Bill) couldn't have been nicer and more friendly. But the accolades end there.

My concerns began when he was pre-treating the carpets and I noticed that there seemed to be little puddles of liquid he was haphazardly dropping on the carpet in various places. He zipped over the carpets really quickly. I was surprised when he said he was done. He definitely got the carpets wet but I wouldn't say they were clean.

When I pointed out stains that I could still see on the carpet he didn't seem all that interested in doing anything more. And when the carpet was dry the next day they still looked dirty in some places.

I also had him clean my sofa and it seems as though he did a good job on that. But the chemicals he used to clean it left me with some kind of rash or chemical burn. When I called him to find out what he had used he said he hasn't had any complaints and that he had paperwork proving what he used was safe. I've never had anything like this happen to me before but fair enough - maybe I'm the only one on Earth who has had a bad reaction to his chemicals. Though it would have been nice if he had been more concerned about my well being. During our phone conversation he never once even managed to say he was sorry to hear that my hands were covered with chemical burns. He seemed more intent on proving he wasn't to blame.

Before he cleaned the sofa he asked if he could get some water from my sink. After he left I found water all over the counter and the floor and more by the sofa. There also seemed to be a couple of white spots on my walnut dresser from his overspray.

If Bill but as much energy into being thorough, careful and meticulous with his cleaning as he did being chatty and friendly he might have a solid company. But now I'm out $160 for cleaning, $70 for a dermatologist visit and I feel like my carpets aren't all that clean. I'll never call Zimp again.
sounds like a fat slob.

I called these guys based on all the good reviews I found for them. The cleaning method they advertise was appealing as it wouldn't leave our carpets soaking wet. We have multiple pets, like many of the other reviewers, and it sure sounded like this company was familiar with the issues regarding pets and carpets.

Except apparently for the guy they sent to do the actual cleaning today. What a JERK. First he showed up a little earlier than I expected so had just jumped out of the shower from the gym. When I didn't answer his first knock (frantically throwing on clothes) he POUNDED on the front door, rang the bell, then started calling my cell... all in less than the time it took me to type this sentence. Hang on dude! I called out the front bedroom window, next to the front door-- "Hang on, I'll be right there". He pounded again. When I opened the door, he just stood there.....until I said, "Yes?" then he introduced himself. He had come in an unmarked white van so I wasn't sure who he was until my eyes caught the company name on his shirt.
Because he was a little early I had not yet corralled up my pets and gotten them out of the way. He apparently dislikes cats because he made numerous comments about "you have a cat?" "you have ANOTHER cat?" "Yikes how many cats do you HAVE?" in a very NOT friendly tone while I was herding them outside. I have 4 cats...... one rescue who cannot go outside due to his previous injuries. I put that cat in another room and closed the door, then went to put the others outside.
While I was shooing all the other cats outside, cleaning dude went looking for an outlet to plug in his cleaning machine. Now there are easily 5 visible outlets in the room he was cleaning, but he apparently didn't see them and didn't ask me where he could plug his equipment in--- he just went wandering through the house, and into the bathroom around the corner to plug in. Next thing I know the invalid cat is wandering through the room... "what the ..?" I said. The cleaning guy said "oh, were you keeping him in that room?" with a very "tough crap" attitude. Honestly, if he had not already started cleaning I would have just called the whole thing off right then.
He finished the furniture and started on the carpet, muttering (no so quietly) under his breath "stupid cats" and "Gross" and the like. When he finished he said "I'm finished....thank GOD".... At this point I could not wait for him to leave. I said "So you are not a fan of cats then?" (I was not smiling). He seemed surprised... and said "Oh, cats are fine. Sure. I'm just in pain, my sciatica is bothering me. Lots of pain". This guy was about 30....
I called the owner as soon as this twerp left and got a VERY lame, unconvincing "oh gee.... I'm sorry....." and then he seemed to run out of anything to say and just sat silent on the other end.
Hugely disappointed with the service after the reviews on here. We'll see if Yelp will post this.
Typical Chem Dry dufus.

Not at all what I expected or hoped.

They picked up my rug two hours EARLY which wasn't a big deal because I happened to be home at the time. They dropped off the rug EARLY but called first so I rushed home. The odd habitual earliness wasn't a huge deal but it added to the bad experience.

They dropped off the rug--that they charged way too much to clean in the first place--unrolled it and it looked like it needed to be vacuumed! It was clean, smelled decent, no overpowering odors from the cleaner, but the surface was full of hair and lint!
I addition, they didn't do several things they said they would and then blamed me for it.

Not at all a good experience so I won't be using them again.
Faux rug fags..
This is the worst carpet cleaner that I have ever used!

Rather than using a truck powered system to clean the carpets, they used portable machines to clean the floor. These machines had to connect to my own hot water system, which isn't hot enough to thoroughly clean carpets. The results were very poor. The carpets stayed very wet for THREE DAYS! We had to sleep in our guest room because the carpets were so wet. After it finished drying, the carpet looked worse than it did before. Even more problematic, the carpets smelled substantially worse and its been a few weeks since the cleaning!

When I called to complain to the manager, Jeffery, he treated me like garbage. He said that any steps not normally taken were because I told his men not to do the steps, which is a lie. He actually started scolding me! After a 20 minute argument, he finally said that he would refund the cost of the carpet cleaning, but never sent a check. I tried calling back to reach him and never could.

This company seems like a crook. Be careful!
two words. Booster. Box.

Last edited:

Chris A

Name
Chris
yeah its amazing what people pick up on, although the using the water thing is fookin retarded for somebody to bitch about. im sure.she thought about bitching about the $.03 that it cost in electricity too.

Reactions: Mikey P

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
Mike is a smart dude.. Duh.. He has a second sense of what to search for.

It's the cleaners that don't give a s that usually get the bad reviews.

Glad to know u guys.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
You're more than welcome to post my one bad review on Yelp Mike, I take pride with that one LOL....Busy Bee Carpet Tile Grout Care in Folsom :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Those are hilarious !

I had one once and we didnt even service, basically we just refused and walked away. The guy kept saying but shane said this and shane said that and I told him ...
THATS ME! and i never said any of that.

Crazy customer story, never was mean or anything just said have nice day.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
One the first things I learned at SS when I was 19 was to reconnect the hose. Still one of my biggest aggravations with helpers and techs. That one thing says a lot about the other details going on.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
The cat one cracked me up!

I have a cat, and love all pets...today on the job I saw a cat or two, and I kept thinking of that tech in my head..."you got a cat!!!??"...."wow another CAT!!!???" ahahahaha

Chris A

Name
Chris
I always find myself having a hard time and sometimes not reconnecting the hose in the winter time when I know it shouldn't be connected in the first place. Otherwise I do re-connect.

Reactions: benjam99 and Connor

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Knowing the way customers "enhance the truth" of a story, I usually take these comments with a grain of salt. But most everything said here matches the personality profiles of many cleaning companies I've been familiar with, so I think I believe most of those stories, or at least most of what was said in each story.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I always find myself having a hard time and sometimes not reconnecting the hose in the winter time when I know it shouldn't be connected in the first place. Otherwise I do re-connect.
I agree not to reconnect in winter but the customer should be educated about removing hoses in winter or they'll just think you're a slob.

Reactions: Ken Snow

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Thanks for sharing those, Mikey. Sure, there were dropped technical details scattered in these complaints by the carpet cleaner. However, the vast majority of the complaints could have been avoided by the cleaner remembering this essential truth about ANY service:

"80% of how the client decides if it was a good job or a bad job is based on their RELATIONSHIP with the person actually performing the service."

And the few negative reviews left over after deleting technical issues and the majority where the tech totally ignored the customer's feelings I would put in my "wacko customer" file.

Steve

PS One great way to avoid many (not all) negative online reviews from a "trigger happy" customer is to have an Immediate Quality Check call made right after you leave the house. (The person who did the work should not make this Q/C call.)

Ron K

I never re-connect when there is even the slightest chance of a freeze.

We always curl the hose up in a neat and orderly fashion even if it wasn't that way before we came re-connecting is not as big a deal as is just throwing the hose on the lawn or flower bed and running away.

Name
I'm Rick James
The 7th review down is from a local cleaner here that I run into every once and awhile. I'm guessing you seen my 39 visible 5 star reviews on there..:rockon:

I have heard some good things about Zimp, he has probably the nicest looking van in this area. I also have a few of his previous customers, just because of little things that they didn't like. Overall I think its a good company that tries to rise above the garbage that we can find in this industry.

Back
Top Bottom