Networking

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
True professionals know the power of networking. These are also the people we want to do work for and with.
I take over as Membership Chair (again) in my Letip Group.
I have vowed to double the group before the end of my term. :shock:

If your not in a networking group like Letip or BNI or something like that, you are missing out on a great opportunity.

You can't lose passing your business cards out to 20 or more business professionals once a week.

If you would like more info about it, just let me know.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Networking with the so-called business professionals didn't work well for me at BNI. I gave alot more than I got. Now when some sleazy realtor hounds me for a discount while hinting about sending me work I ignore them and hand them the bill.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If your members don't do well in your group, it's time to get more members. Most will not pay their dues if they are not getting any leads. Most of the dead weight will weed themselves out.
I always take personal responsibility to make the group better every chance I get.
It's about having power parnters that you can see every week as well. Like House Cleaners, Landscapers, Pest control, Handmen etc.
I got most of my leads from the Realtor in my old group but she was a super hero.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Why limit your networking to such a limited group?

There are multiple ways to use the power of networking without having to eat with them.

Target the centers of influence in your town and reward them and they we network with you.

It's almost unlimited.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
A good networking group is the most unlimited yet targeted type of networking you can do. It's like a personal sales team that you don't have to pay. Accountability comes from dedication. You can surf other groups but your commitment is respected and rewarded. You have more control than just showing up somewhere else for a quick drop of your business card.

With that said, because you belong to one group doesn't mean you can't network in other areas. To depend entirely on one group wouldn't be very smart. But I have seen a few companies do just that and do OK.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
My bni group is so messed up right now. What would be considered as my power team doesn't exist. No landscaper, or house cleaner or handyman. The Realtor in the group is somewhat a part timer and the bug guy gives the worst referrals ever. He gave me a referral last week to an apartment complex that is already on contract with me. No complaints though, time for me to change things if I want them to change. I have gotten tons of work off of it in the past and meeting weekly with professionals is never a bad thing.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
OK, well my group sucked rocks... in fact, after I left the group 4 or 5 more followed....

In all fairness I have to add that the makeup of the group was pretty well loaded with insurance, finance, and real estate professionals who mostly saw me as a janitor. Now if I had not still been on the truck, I would have been considered a businessman.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Honestly the group I left in CA was the best group I've ever seen or been in.
The group I''m in now needs works. Some quality people in the group, it's just small.
I will work my butt off to make it work.

To not be seen as a janitor it helps to wear a suit to every meeting. Or at the very least a tie with a nice shirt and pants.
If you wear a uniform thats ok but you will be seen as a "janitor" for lack of a better term.

If your group is horrible you can always join another group.

Myself, I don't like BNI. Just isn't the same as Letip. I've been to plenty of their meetings.
Letip is very organized and the people who join really try to make the group work.

If you guys want to join Letip just call me and I will find your chapter in your area. Of course I want you to put me down as your sponsor. lol.
Hey, I'm working on my Gold Badge. :D

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
not all "true professional"s, sorry.

not worth my time. tried it. good for you resi guys maybe.

jalexander

"Letip is very organized and the people who join really try to make the group work."

You make it sound as if BNI isn't as organized. I've been members of both. If you see BNI as disorganized, you must have been in a very bad chapter.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Derek said:
not all "true professional"s, sorry.

not worth my time. tried it. good for you resi guys maybe.

Yes, all true professionals know the value...even if it's not a networking "group". Just networking in general is a way to improve your business.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
None of us wore suits that often, mostly a nice polo and slacks. The best group I ever visited alot of the guys were in work shirts and boots. I don't think your dress code theory works in this part of the country, many would think you were over-compensating or simply a pretentious A-Hole.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I would rather be the guy who is over dressed than under dressed.

It isn't what people say, it's what people feel when they see you in a suit.
As long as it doesn't have blue ruffles, you can't go wrong.

Most guys like that don't have the balls to wear a suit to a room full of uniforms that's why they scoff at it.

Name
steve snail
To not be seen as a janitor it helps to wear a suit to every meeting. Or at the very least a tie with a nice shirt and pants.
If you wear a uniform thats ok but you will be seen as a "janitor" for lack of a better term.

Judas, you need to read "the millionaire next door". or is it just a Cail thang?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom