Networking

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
2 of them over here. I used Steve Toburen's approach, "Walk in and ask them for their information, telling them that you're looking for a good supplier/installer to send your customers to that have flooring that is too far neglected to be cleaned". Ask them some bs questions about their installers and what type of flooring they supply and from whom. Then, somewhere in the midst of that conversation, give them your information and tell them that your customers will mention you. Once they have your information, you have planted a good seed

sassyotto

Name
Paul
it wouldnt be much different than marketing to any other referral generator. No matter how you introduce yourself, its critical to continue to market to them.

When we were doing water/fire restoration, Mack Clark had us stop by insurance agents and adjusters on a monthly basis. Make it the same day at the same time each month. For instance make a route to stop by ZXY Flooring on the first Tuesday of each month at 10am and then to Mikes Flooring at 10:45. Mark it on your calendar and NOTHING (no matter how busy you are) stops you from going. Build relationships. Bring cookies/treats/giveaways whatever you think appropriate.

Condog

Name
Tony
2 of them over here. I used Steve Toburen's approach, "Walk in and ask them for their information, telling them that you're looking for a good supplier/installer to send your customers to that have flooring that is too far neglected to be cleaned". Ask them some bs questions about their installers and what type of flooring they supply and from whom. Then, somewhere in the midst of that conversation, give them your information and tell them that your customers will mention you. Once they have your information, you have planted a good seed
Thanks Matt,
I appreciate the advice.

Mikey P

Administrator
Prior to online review sites, flooring retailers were phenomenal for recommendations.. now people don't bother asking them anymore and just go to Yelp, Google and Kudzu and the like

Condog

Name
Tony
it wouldnt be much different than marketing to any other referral generator. No matter how you introduce yourself, its critical to continue to market to them.

When we were doing water/fire restoration, Mack Clark had us stop by insurance agents and adjusters on a monthly basis. Make it the same day at the same time each month. For instance make a route to stop by ZXY Flooring on the first Tuesday of each month at 10am and then to Mikes Flooring at 10:45. Mark it on your calendar and NOTHING (no matter how busy you are) stops you from going. Build relationships. Bring cookies/treats/giveaways whatever you think appropriate.
Hi SassyOtto
I knew a guy did the same thing to get a job at the utility company out here. He got the personnel directors name and number. Every Monday morning at 9 am sharp he would call say hi and ask if there were any jobs he could interview for. After 8 months he got an interview, but he didn't get the job. He kept calling her. A few weeks later he got another interview, and he got the job.
Friendliness and perseverance.
Good advice, I totally forgot about that guy.

Condog

Name
Tony
Prior to online review sites, flooring retailers were phenomenal for recommendations.. now people don't bother asking them anymore and just go to Yelp, Google and Kudzu and the like
The world is changing right before our eyes.

Condog

Name
Tony

Thanks for mentioning Steve Toburen.
I looked up Steve Toburen.
I talked with another carpet cleaner, he has high praise for his course.
Do you recommend his course too?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Thanks for mentioning Steve Toburen.
I looked up Steve Toburen.
I talked with another carpet cleaner, he has high praise for his course.
Do you recommend his course too?
If you're new owner/operator in this business Yes and no. There was a few days of very good information that I could apply to my little business, but there was also a few days of information that I couldn't apply to my business because it was information that was directed to businesses with several employees. And the day they reserved for marketing, I felt was outdated information that most of us already know or can find on the forums. It seems that they tried to mix teaching every business model in only 5 days, when they should've split it up into 2 different types of SFS classes in a 3 day curriculum. One for new and very small businesses and the other for bigger, more established businesses where the owner is preparing to or already is off the truck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom