never got a tip like this before....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
in 20 years full time, I've received all kinds of things as gratuities .
cakes, pies, cookies, garden fresh vegies, fruits and nuts, wine/spirits, books, art, etc

but this is a first..

an elderly couple that's been a long time custy is moving to an assisted living facility in a couple weeks .
They're already sold their home and are auctioning everything else 'cept for a couple favorite chairs they intend to take.
Which they wanted cleaned before the move......which I did today

as I finish and payment is taken care of, Mr Phiff comes out of the bed room with a box.

" Larry, I want you to have this. I know you'll take good care of it"
(he knows I'm a "gun nut")

001-6.jpg

He bought it new 15 years ago and never shot it.
(it's the only gun he owns)
It's resided in his dresser drawer the whole time.

Even though I know this pistol is a POS, HE DOESN'T and got ripped off when he bought it.
Of coarse I didn't tell him that, and I was truly humbled and honored by his generosity .

he knows I'm a fishin' foo too.
he gave me all his rods/reels and tackle, as well
(appx $400 bucks worth)

for some reason, they like me.....

..L.T.A.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside when people give you gifts like this huh? I get some nice ones to but never a gun. I always smile and feel like hey, they like me.... So what will you do with the gun? sell it? keep it?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
I've got one of those. It was my very first pistol, that I bought off an "exotic dancer" when I was 18, and living up in Alaska.

It was also the very first gun that injured me. LOL. I held the gun riding too high in my grip, and the slide sliced my thumb/hand webbing pretty smartly.

Ryan

Congrats Larry! I bet that felt great.

Shawn Forsythe said:
I've got one of those. It was my very first pistol, that I bought off an "exotic dancer" when I was 18, and living up in Alaska.

It was also the very first gun that injured me. LOL. I held the gun riding too high in my grip, and the slide sliced my thumb/hand webbing pretty smartly.

My sister did the same thing with a PPK one time. Looked very painful.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
joeynbgky said:
Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside when people give you gifts like this huh?

it does indeed, Joe

So what will you do with the gun? sell it? keep it?

not sure yet, Joe.
I doubt I'll ever shoot it.
Not sure if I'll put it out on my table at the gun show either , cause I know it's a poor firearm with a history of failure and breakage .
I've gained a reputation for selling good chit at the shows ..that's why I can get top dollar everything I sell.
"good chit" doesn't mean I don't sell inexpensive goods sometimes, it does mean that even the "budget" priced stuff is of acceptable quality, function and reliability though .

so, I'm just not sure what I'll do with it 'cept enjoy the "warm and fuzzy" glow for right now... 8)

.L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
meAt said:
joeynbgky said:
Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside when people give you gifts like this huh?

it does indeed, Joe

So what will you do with the gun? sell it? keep it?

not sure yet, Joe.
I doubt I'll ever shoot it.
Not sure if I'll put it out on my table at the gun show either , cause I know it's a poor firearm with a history of failure and breakage .
I've gained a reputation for selling good chit at the shows ..that's why I can get top dollar everything I sell.
"good chit" doesn't mean I don't sell inexpensive goods sometimes, it does mean that even the "budget" priced stuff is of acceptable quality, function and reliability though .

so, I'm just not sure what I'll do with it 'cept enjoy the "warm and fuzzy" glow for right now... 8)

.L.T.A.

ugggg....uheeeemmmmm...if you gave it to a "friend"....you could get that "warm an' fuzzy".....
again.............

YOu cant sell or give away that gun!! That old dude gave it to you as a gift and even said that "I know youll take good care of it..." Even though it's a P.O.S. ....I would still keep it as a momento.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The Asian Sensation!! said:
YOu cant sell or give away that gun!! That old dude gave it to you as a gift and even said that "I know youll take good care of it..." Even though it's a P.O.S. ....I would still keep it as a momento.

I agree...........some old lady gave me a ship in a bottle that was here husbands and when she gave it to me she said that she knows her husband would want me to have it and I will take care of it..........ugliest damn thing I have ever seen...... but the guy died and for some reason she felt the need to give it to me...so I just got it on a shelf and I keep it because of the above reasons.....(it's a shelf in a dark corner in the furthest closet in the house but never the less I did not toss it out or give it away).........so find a dark shelf and put it up..........

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The Asian Sensation!! said:

that's the direction I'm "strongly" leaning, Thang

actually, a thought I had was to render it permanently inoperable and make a wall box collage display thingie

something along the lines of this

http://www.theoldwestgallery.com/servle ... Gun/Detail

only modern and not a western theme

I'd mount it right here in my office

..L.T.A.

John Watson

I was given a 10 ga Sears single shot almost 30 yrs ago for admiring it and also telling the guy I had the Sears 4-10 and 20 ga single shots at home. My little brother now has almost all my old rifles, shotguns and pistols.

Shawn, when was you in Alaska? what parts? Was you in some of my auxilerary offices. Seems I spent alot of time in those butt bars..

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
It wasn't given to me but I did pick up a .38 special Taurus from a nice old lady the other day that had never been fired. It even had the warranty card in the box.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
John Watson said:
Shawn, when was you in Alaska? what parts? Was you in some of my auxilerary offices. Seems I spent alot of time in those butt bars.. [/color][/b]

My father used to have a place in Anchorage, near Campbell Lake. We'd spend our summers there while growing up. Right after I graduated HS, I spent 6 mos there before heading back to school. Yeah, I spent time in your office(s).

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Larry Is that the .32 or .380 Davis? Those guns get a bad wrap just like the highpoints. They are better then you give them discredit of. Shoot it, they break in just like any other. There is one other forum if you want to check out just for SNS http://www.Bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com. It details ways(fluff and buff) to make that gun a good shooter if you want to. Or make it a tacklebox gun or send it to me. :roll:

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Just watch your hand web and the slide, IF you ever shoot it. :roll: It is production in Utah under the cobra name if you need parts or auction arms.

Ryan

You guys sure are sentimental for a bunch of carpet cleaners.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom