New Aero Tech truck mount

Mark J

Name
Mark
Any one have a new Aero Tech truck that was built with flaws? (issues) or have you had handling issues-swaying or all over the road?I have a large list of problems.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Any one have a new Aero Tech truck that was built with flaws? (issues) or have you had handling issues-swaying or all over the road?I have a large list of problems.

no AT, but have you ever drove a cab forward box truck before??

Ever put it on scale to check front and rear axle weight?
Not talking what the specs are, I'm talking have you scaled the front and rear axles to be sure your load is proper
(like a giant size fresh water tank too far aft of rear axle)

most any RV dealer can scale it

again, any experience driving a cab forward ?

.L.T.A.

Mark J

Name
Mark
Yes i have, this is my second cab over. Yes I have had the weight Checked and the front end twice. As far as front and rear specs i'm sure Aero Tech did that. This is a tire issue on the NQR.

Mark J

Name
Mark
Yes The tires on the NQR. The front tires should be steer tires.Not the same as the rear tires. I think the side walls are not thick enough and a soft Noby tred.

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am running 19.5 good year tires on mine and it is steady as a rock...70/75 MPH down the highway with no shutter or swaying at all....

the only thing that is different from yours and mine would be the waste tank in the center...other then that,...weight should be about the same...

Mine is a Chevy W4500...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
P1290061_zps706f1a70.jpg

there is no give in that sidewall at all.......

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
we run firestones on the work vans and also on the 18 wheeler i have
since bridgestone bought them they are really good now.
have had good luck with goodyears also the yokahama i have had issues with in the past

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jim I like that solid sidewall. My Chevy has Fluffstones. Like riding on water balloons

Van or large truck...add weight with soft sidewalls is not a good feeling when your driving down the interstate at 70 MPH and you get into a rut.....

Name
Lee Stockwell
Nobody in this thread has said what Load Range (E..F,G,H...) the tires are rated?

On a van I'd never buy less than E, but many do. I'd think the big trucks would be at least F.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Nobody in this thread has said what Load Range (E..F,G,H...) the tires are rated?

On a van I'd never buy less than E, but many do. I'd think the big trucks would be at least F.

Load range is F on mine......I think it is pretty standard on those type tires........(?)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom