New Blower Hx with 2.5" hose results.

Mike Draper

I just installed a new Butler Max blower HX on my butler. Here many factors come into play with the temps. First, Fresh water in my tank is around 40 degrees, #2, outside temp while cleaning today was 20 deg. When I did this testing I was running 80' of 2.5" hose with a 20' two inch whip, this was connected to my Greenhorn wand. Lift is set at 15

1. Nylon saxony plush. Lots of bite on this carpet means more friction to create heat in the blower HX. I was running about 230 atm while cleaning this and my lift with the wand on the carpet was generally about 13-14. This was the best heat out of 4 carpets I cleaned today. Once I hooked up the stair tool ( Greenie's) The heat shot up to 240-245 atm and the lift was at 14.

2. Cheap, shitty, multi level loop polly ( i think). This was an apmt. I could push the wand across this like a hot knife goes through butter. No grab and the lift was around 11 if i was lucky. the blower hx pretty much produced no heat at this point. my atm temp was around 200-210. However, i did hook up the stair tool and within 1 minute the heat shot up to around 230 atm again.

So here is what I get from my testing. If you run 2" hose that greatly restricts the airflow and causes much friction and lift in the blower, then you will probably be able to run 240-245 atm all day long with the butler max HX setup. With a high performance setup you may be losing heat in the winter months (on some carpets), however, I think you will still have more cleaning power running 10 flow on a high performance wand at 210 deg and better dry times than you would running 2" hose that can't handle the high water flow from your wand, but running 240 atm. just my two cents worth. I'll stick with my 2.5" hose!

Mike Draper

As a few of you may know, I made my own secondary Hx and fitted it place under my van where the muffler was. In the summer I would hold about 235-260 at the wand, I even melted the hose right out of the crimp on my truck. Now that it's winter and my HX being under the truck I was having a hard time keeping 210 at the truck. Mostly about 200 at the truck. So it was to hot in the summer and to cold for winter. Now I'm just going to work and not worry about it anymore.

......however, I do have some other high performance things in the works for next week, cuz I don't have much scheduled. I'll post some pic's when they are finished. It's going to be bad ass!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
hell ya got a welder and/or plazma cutter???

ill be up there next week and we can dink around on mine...

I need to cut out the blower exchanger, and see if i can convert it to an engine one....

or fit an engine one in there or something....

I just want something to take the chill off the water before it hits the burner....or on the smaller jobs, something that gives it a quick hit for the burner....

Mike Draper

well, I'm not going to be cutting the other HX off my van until I switch vans later this summer-fall. I bet it wouldn't be to hard to make you somethin up for your van so you wouldn't have to run propane, slide ins have lots of close and direct exhaust heat to tap into. You could pretty much take any old exhaust hx from another machine and we could hook it up to yours after your coolant hx. give me a call when you decide to come up. Are you bringing your van up here?

Mike Draper

I only ever run mach 2, however it does it's heating when it's under load. 13hg is the magic number to get that high heat.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Mike:

I curious how you deal with the water in the HX, when you park it for the night?

Thx,
Dale

Mike Draper

Dale said:
Hi Mike:

I curious how you deal with the water in the HX, when you park it for the night?

Thx,
Dale

I have a warm and toasty heated garage. It's wonderful. However, before I had a garage, I rented a little shop for $150.00 a month and it was heated as well.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Yes, I understand. But what happens when driving in cold weather? Do you have to drain the exchanger?

Thx,
Dale

Mike Draper

No dale. the Hx is inside the van. as long as you don't drive with all the windows open and no heat on when its -10 outside, it's not going to freeze.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom