New Butler finally up and running

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Finally got the van out of vinyl wrap and started rigging the plumbing set up. The van has a new 2.5 inch live reel. I have it split with a "y" so I can run less hose when typically needed and also run the live reel with the last 50 ft of 2.5. I have the section of hose that is not in use just pluged off at the end. The reel has 100 feet of 2.5 and could fit a bit more. Got the water softner in, the Greenie mod plate for the rear filter clean out, all the electronics are in with Kenwood stero, GPS, Satelite Radio, Back up camera, Bluetooth, Cell phone booster system. I also added the newest Viper remote starter that also tells you the temp inside the van. It will also reach up to 1 mile. The rims and tires are on and it goes in for the running boards and mud flaps on Monday.

It has the larger blower and high heat option. The damn thing puts out some heat. Burned myself on the connectors pretty bad. Also has the 210 Gallon waste tank and a pump out.

Anyway, enjoy the pics.

2008GMCVanandButler014.jpg

2008GMCVanandButler016.jpg

2008GMCVanandButler017.jpg

2008GMCVanandButler018.jpg

2008GMCVanandButler012.jpg

2008GMCVanandButler013.jpg

2008GMCVanandButler009.jpg

2008GMCVanandButler005.jpg

2008GMCVanandButler004.jpg

2008GMCVanandButler003.jpg

2008GMCVanandButler002.jpg

2008GMCVanandButler001.jpg

Dang that is hands down one of the best looking and cleanest vans I have ever seen. Chrome rims and 2.5 inch live hose reel. How and where can I get the ports you have in your side door for running hose through?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Thanks guys! Hey Danielc, the ports are available for sure at Butler Corp. www.butlersystem.com or 800-535-5025. Here is the link to the page they are on http://www.butlersystem.com/bs_optional.php . Factory installed they say on the web $120. Probably cheaper to purchase. I added the second one on my other van. The new one in the pics I had the factory put in. You just need to tape off the area and use a hole cutting saw on your drill to cut the hole. Can be a bit scary, but just check that there are no wires and cross member supports in the way, and you have body to attach to on both sides of the door.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Dealtimeman,

It is their larger blower. It is a tutil 47 (they call it the 58) but it is the new style I believe a trilobe. It doesn't have the grease fittings on this one. The way they have it set up, it helps build the higher heat.

Mark

Greenie

Very nice, not quite EZ BBQ nice, but It'll have to do. Those rigs are rolling Greenie advertisements, remind me to send you a check for all the referrals.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Sounds good greenie. I might also need a base plate for the addtional 2.5 hose. I thought it would work going around the tank where I had it ...but stupid me, I forgot a scrub wand needs to go there. Rerouted it behind the small hose reel this morning.

Mark

Mike Draper

Here is the BIG question....Will the hose reel pull 100' of 2.5" hose, or more? Also, is the inside of the live vac hose reel a 2.5" Inner dimension, or smaller? Thanks.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
YES! on will the hose reel pull 100 ft of 2.5 and boy am I happy! And it is a true 2.5 inch on the reel. No restriction. The reel is also longer. It is a nice set up for a smaller truck mount compared to a V.

Mark

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Great looking setup congrats to your hard work.

On the cell phone booster which one did you get? Do you notice a major difference in signal and service? Can it be used in your home/office as well? I have shitty service at my place so the cell phone only works by one window and i also use the blackberry to tether with my laptop while in the van, sometimes the signal is not the greatest in the woods and high end new developments.

Thanks

Mike Draper

on the 11th picture down, is this connection 2.5" inner dimension? Can you tell me what the total length of the vac hose reel is? ( PVC pipe only) Thanks.

I want to set my Everest up to run either 2.5 inch hose or 2 inch. The tank has two 2 inch ports. My plan is to run two 5' sections off each port on the ground and hook an inline filter to each and then connect the two with a y connector. If I want to run the 2.5 inch one day I have an addapter that hooks to the y. Will this work?

One more thing. Can someone reccomend a website that I can find 1/2 inch jet extenders and jets. I also need to replace the shrink wrap on my wand.

Greenie

danielc said:
I want to set my Everest up to run either 2.5 inch hose or 2 inch. The tank has two 2 inch ports. My plan is to run two 5' sections off each port on the ground and hook an inline filter to each and then connect the two with a y connector. If I want to run the 2.5 inch one day I have an addapter that hooks to the y. Will this work?

I've directed a few down this path, for your Request the following pics illustrate the Most Flexibility, as they offer maximum Airflow, Filtration, and can Initially be run with ALL 2" hose, and later upgraded to 2.5" hose just by removing ONE reducer fitting at the 2.5"Y.

Given your location I would try Judson in Greenville, SC first as I know they have the short checkvalve jet extenders and pool filter parts.

You can use the parts in the pics to bring two hoses off of your machine to the filters on the ground at truck, or put the filters a full 50' from truck giving better net airflow with stock 2" hose, I would put them Back at truck if and when you upgrade to 2.5" hose.

DSC02870.jpg

DSC02871.jpg

DSC02872.jpg

Since this is a 2.5" Y, just remove the 2" reducer coolcuff and install a 2.5" coolcuff Starter cuff and you are done when the time comes.

DSC02873.jpg

Thanks for replying. I already have 2.5 inch hose. This part I have is listed below. My plan is to always have two short 2 inch hoses off the truck connected to standard inline filters. After the filters, I will have a short hose off the filters that connects to a "y". Now I can either run my 2 inch hose with 2 inline filters for better air flow, or I can remove the y and dual wand by hooking up each section of hose to its own inline filter. If I want to swap my hose out and use the 2.5 inch hose for cleaning residential, all I have to do is use this connector and hook my 2.5 inch hose to the reducer.

http://interlinksupply.com/index.html?i ... ++++++++++

Greenie

danielc said:
"... or I can remove the y and dual wand by hooking up each section of hose to its own inline filter."

If you plan on doing this fairly regularly, it would pay to install a true 2.5" connection for each on your waste tank, like this:

25ELdbl.jpg

" If I want to swap my hose out and use the 2.5 inch hose for cleaning residential, all I have to do is use this connector and hook my 2.5 inch hose to the reducer."

http://interlinksupply.com/index.html?i ... ++++++++++

True, but notice I showed a pic of a 2.5"Y, that allows both filters to be plumbed to ONE 2.5" hose, giving the best of both worlds, and no choke point, having twice the filter area is a big deal when they are 1/2 dirty and you STILL have excellent airflow, more is better.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hey tmdry,

The cell phone booster kit is by Wilson. They do work pretty good. I have been in places that you can get good cell reception in the van. As soon as you step out of the van, no signal. The cell phone booster also helps everyone in the van. I do have mine set up as a holder for my blackberry (or any phone if you wish). You can also get home adaptor kits, which I haven't done yet. I do have the signal boosters in all my vehicles though. I know what you mean about being in the sticks sometimes.

Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hey Mike,

I will get a measurement out for you. I will try and get to that in the next couple of days. The van goes back in the shop tomorrow for the running boards and I am going to be out all day and until about midnight. I will get the measurements and get them to you.

Mark

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins

Thanks Mark, I also have a blackberry...we have 2 of them and couldn't live without it. When i searched for the cell phone booster Wilson was the first site that came up. I'm gonna deff look into it, not having signal at home stinks especially if i can only get signal if i go outside etc. Do you tether with your blackberry as well?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom