New Carpet Cleaner looking for equipment help

Crazymcnick

Hey Guys

I just joined this site last night but I've been studying the run around of the business for a few weeks now. I feel like a have somewhat of an idea how things work in the carpet world. like 2% worth. Anyway my first purchase I was thinking of getting something decent yet reliable. I have narrowed it down to 2 things.

1) is http://cgi.ebay.com/SC6080-Rug-Cleaning ... tsupported

2) The Other is a local is selling an almost brand new Rotovac business start up set with the Powerwand and a Mytee 1000 Extractor plus a brass wand and some cleaning supplies. for 1800.00 (obvs seems like a great choice to me)

What do you think is the best to start out with?

Any help at all would be great

Also, My name is Tom I'm a 22 year old EMT from Chicago and with my work schedule working 24 hour shifts it gives me a ton of free time to get started in this business

Thanks again guys!

Greenie

#2 is the better of the options.

but since you don't "need" to buy anythign right now....don't.

continue reading for the next 3 mo. or so, Then you will be in an educated position to make an initial purchase, and possibly save years and thousands of dollars for being a little patient.

Also a good time to get three basic courses under your belt, Carpet Cleaning Tech, Upholstery Cleaning, and Odor control.
Tools without education are weapons.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Welcome Crazy, some good advice from a couple of the smart ones. Any experience you can get working with someone in the biz will go a long way. And take some classes.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
You might want to go to JonDon.com and check out what classes they have coming up. They have a location in the Chicago area and you won't find a better company to deal with. There might also find someone here who you could ride with and learn from.

Go with:

Rotovac, Mytee combo...add external heater about $400
"Glided" Wand
Buy an OP machine ...Orbitec Defender 17" ...$1500....100 "pads" at $3.50 each
http://shop.orbitecsolutions.com/main.sc;jsessionid=5C71DB25AC77D3B0AE98776188EAC8DB.qscstrfrnt01
Couple of "Air Mover" carpet fans.
Pump up sprayer
Mini-Van to haul everything around.

Chemicals...
Judson O2
Prochem Powerburst
HotKnife
Spot & Boost
Professional Stain kit

With this combo of tools you will be able to handle almost any situation. Lean how to "process" carpet. Look for work in High rise apartments, Offices, etc. Also Property managers ...empty apts turnovers... are a good source of work.

Have fun...make money...good luck...:)

PS...go easy with the Rotovac....turn down the water, and use only on the tough spots...it is a real carpet soaker!!!

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
You will find on this site opinions are like aholes, Dont waste your time with the rotosoaker. I would just try and find a decent extractor with heat if possible and then buy a 175 rpm floor scrubber with a nylon brush and a pad driver with some bonnet pads. this will be far cheaper than a piece of junk roto vac combo and you can use it on all types of carpet. the rotovac realy can only be used well on a few types of carpet because the heads will fly all around . plus if you have the bonnett padson the 175 you can post pad and pre scrub commercial carpet with the bonnets for a real nice look. you cant use the rotocraper on commercial glue down

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom