New Chemical hot seat for Scott W: Clean FREE

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Have a few questions for you Scott on the New product being released:

Clean FREE. How does it compare to the current soap free products on the market in regards to chemistry, anti corrosives, and pH. Is Bridgepoint manufacturing this product or having it private labled? ( I don't know much of the manufacturing history behind bridgepoint products so forgive my ignorance on that last question)

do you recommend this as a stand alone in tank cleaner or do you advice customers to use it as a follow up rinse and if so behind what preconditioner?

If you are using it as a rinse how effectively would it remove the detergents/ emulsifiers from your preconditioning agents?

If you were cleaning carpets daily, would you consider it good enough to keep on the truck for most soiling situations?

TimP

I got the e-mail too.

I'm most curious about how well it mixes. I've yet to find a powder detergent that really mixes easily. Masterblend soap free doesn't mix that well in my opinion.

I'm currently using Prolon because of this reason. If this Cleanfree mixes easily I'd be interested in buying it over Prolon as long as it's non corrosive too.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
sweendogg said:
Have a few questions for you Scott on the New product being released:

Clean FREE. How does it compare to the current soap free products on the market in regards to chemistry, anti corrosives, and pH. Clean Free certainly has similarities to some of the other no soap products out on the market. pH would be similar. Use of oxidizers is also similar. Clean Free uses 3 anti-corrosives to prevent corrosion of bothe brass and aluminum and other metals. I think this is an area where Clean Free is much superior to competing products. Is Bridgepoint manufacturing this product or having it private labled? We greatly increased out powder product abilities late in 2009 and early in 2010. We now manufacturer all powdred products in our own facilities. This includes Clean Free. Those who came to tour our facility during Summerfest got to at least see the line. Although they came so late on a Friday afternoon that production had shut down. ( I don't know much of the manufacturing history behind bridgepoint products so forgive my ignorance on that last question)

do you recommend this as a stand alone in tank cleaner or do you advice customers to use it as a follow up rinse and if so behind what preconditioner? Persoanlly, I would suggest using it as a rinse agent for commercial carpet or heavily soiled residential carpet. Use Traffic Slam or Flex as the preconditioner. We have several testers who were more than pleased with the results using it as a prespray for those who were concerned about solvents, fragrances, dyes and other chemicals in their homes. I would not use it as an all purpose type of prespray, but agree that it is good for the chemically sensitive or chemically concerned home.

Jim Pemberton may have some personal thoughts to add as I beleive some of their customers have used Clean Free.

If you are using it as a rinse how effectively would it remove the detergents/ emulsifiers from your preconditioning agents? Compared solely on how well it removes and neutralizes detergent residue, Clean Free would be good but not great. End Zone, for example, would be better. But the pH and oxidizers make it a better cleaner/emulsifier. It does very well in that respect. That is why I like it so much for commercial work but only nasty residential jobs or those with chemical concerns. For most residential, I like the rinsing and neutralizing of End Zone better.

If you were cleaning carpets daily, would you consider it good enough to keep on the truck for most soiling situations? I would definitely have some on the truck. As stated above, I would use on a lot of commercial jobs, not so many residential jobs.

I have not really compared how well it disolves and mixes. From the size of the powder, it should mix pretty easily.

I think it is less corrosive than either Soap Free or Prolon powder.

Sorry for delayed reply. I have been working less and spending too much time at the dentist.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom