New Cool Cuffs

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Just picked up a new set of 4. Joe's got it right finally. My first set was latched and worked great, then the next set comes twist locked and they worked great but were incompatible with the latched ones. :cry:
So I ended up with two sets I had to juggle on a large job remembering what works.
This new set of 4 has a twist lock AND a single latch to really secure the twist (if you want) and is compatible with the other twist set that doesn't have a latch. Should be good for years to come.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Art
I use the yellow ones that way I don't need a relief valve. Plus you get a bonus hissing sound in the house.

Gene

Greenie

Damn Gene, that is funny.

I think the ones Art speaks of are just the "current" ones that have been out for a year or so, Joe hasn't had a "twist only" with no latch and no swivel for like 5 years. btw....I still think that original version with the skinny ribs was the best, and made in the USA.

MerCrewser

I'm tired of these. My 2.5 swivels only last 6 months before they stop staying connected. He has already replaced them once, think he'll do it again? I'm tired of hearing the hiss and having to run out and check each connection.

Name
John LaBarbera
Don't have any experience with the 2.5" but we put the 2" on all our M's, Speedsters and Breeze units since 2/09 and have had no problems at all. Eventually they Cool Cuffs will be on every machine we build.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I bought a full replacement set for my 400' of hose on the V about a month ago. (Well, actually two months ago, but it took Olsen a freakin month to get them to me) I noticed the hiss first thing and then the latches started coming off the cuffs. I wouldn't notice them until I was rolling up my hoses and a cuff would come unscrewed and slap me in the face. Then I would have to go on the hunt for the missing latch and then put them back on.

So, when you get new ones, make sure you punch down on the latch tab to set them in place.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Marty if you had ordered them direct from me you would have had them in 3 days. They where shipped as soon possible after greenbean called it in :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I recieved prompt service from John and his lovely wife Lora when I ordered my sprayer.

But I still hate that BLUE plastic HF tank!

Thanks Mytee!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I finally got white ones in Jimmy. Call Lora later today and she can get one sent out to you.

R

R W

IF....you were looking for a mixture of 2" and 2 1/2" locking cuffs, where would you look? Includes 2 to 2 1/2 adapters.

Greenie

admiralclean said:
He also said that Mikey was the reason my manifold was late.

What a buttwad ...

Cause he was.......buttwad.

Looking back now.....it was probably worth taking care of Mikey over the buttwad....life is a bitch.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Greenie:

I sat here in shock at how rude you were to me and started thinking back over all the things I have done for you and realized ...

I deserved it.

Greenie

R W said:
IF....you were looking for a mixture of 2" and 2 1/2" locking cuffs, where would you look? Includes 2 to 2 1/2 adapters.

RW, there are no LOCKING 2.5" cuffs, closest thing are the metal barbs and EVA cuffs I sell, some love them, some hate them...kinda like CoolCuffs.

We all agree, Joe screwed up listening to the Rampages of the world (and the tard yard) say they preferred a "swivel" 2.5 cuff over a "locking" version, if we had locking 2.5 we wouldn't be having this discussion.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I need a better connector off the 4 to the door I have to keep swapping out because the cool cuff has no softness to it so sometimes I change to a regular cuff to attack to the y. Is there a better connector that isn't so hard with a little more flex. I would like a permanent 2.5 swivel connector

Greenie

I don't understand Greg, if you are running ALL 2" hose, and 4 to the door coolcuffs, then your connection should look like this, just 1/4 turn and your lead hose is mated to your Y. It doesn't get any easier.

DSC02872.jpg

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
the one at the y is where I am having a problem. It is so hard it works its way down because I can't strap it. Mine is one piece where I swivel my hose to

Mikey P

Administrator
i wish joe would post here actually. its sad to see him live his bb life through the mil.

my left hand is soaking in tortoise cheese fat

Greenie

okay, I'll tell you what i tell everyone else, make your shit look like the pic, and tighten the hose clamp.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
could have both, a swivel and a locking mechanism
Just need to put the lock on the swivel part of the female to lock with the male. It will still swivel but it won't untwist. When I said they came apart on the reel, it wasn't that the swivel part came off, the two pieces untwisted.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
just bought some of the black ones today. i moved the hissing yellow one to the back of the bus. i think i actually noticed a vacuum increase. i did't think it was leaking that much.

Gene

harryhides

Name
Tony
Being a supplier to many of you whiners must be such a thankless way to make a living. It's beyond comprehension.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I look at it this way.
Mikey is God
Mods are Angels
Suppliers are teachers...or preachers
and the cleaners are the heathens.

No compliments or insuts intended.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom