Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QcZl7zVP742]

2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFUjNKVDRpk2]

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Duane, You have some real good design ideas. A couple of questions please.

What is the normal operating speed of the engine?
How many hours do you normally get out of the blower belt? Why not two belts?
Have you considered something else besides the flexible exhaust pipe?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Man those are sweet machines. Narrow design. You could put that in a Yugo. Simple. Heating system is pretty close to mine. With a 47 blower you would be Pimpin. Nice job Duane!!

Golden Boy

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Mikey dont get so technical. Duane is probably one of the best TM builders in the world. If this recession keeps up he might be the only one left.

Golden Boy

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Shane T said:
Duane, You have some real good design ideas. A couple of questions please.

What is the normal operating speed of the engine?
How many hours do you normally get out of the blower belt? Why not two belts?
Have you considered something else besides the flexible exhaust pipe?

Thanks, Shane.

1.) 3,200 RPM

2.) More than I can count- a year, minimum.

3.)We use 2 belts on the larger blowers. I don't go with multi- belts as a rule, because B belts have plenty of longevity and you only need one for most blowers we use in this industry. Other belts typically have to be matched sets, use smaller diameter pulleys and require tighter tension (because they have less "belt wrap"- surface contact due to smaller pulleys) by comparison. Matched sets aren't available as widely as a B or BX (I prefer BX) belts, which can be gotten at NAPA, for instance. And tighter tension produces more side- load on shaft seals and bearings- something I try to minimize.

4.) Yes, but I prefer the flexibility, because the vibration of a system running is something that I want to minimize the effects of. I used to hard- plumb them years ago and got away from that.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Mikey P said:
love all the features.

What is holding on that tension pulley besides all those washers?

Thanks.

That's a long flange bolt with a nut welded on the head of it. A threaded rod passes through the nut, in order to move it back and forth as needed.

The washers are spacers. On the other side of the idler is a lock nut, and a washer under it.

It's tight and stable.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Flow fired? That is a flow switch from the pressure washer industry, how do you keep the burner fired with intermittent triggering such as with a carpet wand?

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
The gas valve has a 4- second shutoff delay...

But even with a faster gas valve, it still works fine. Pull the trigger, the burner comes on. It has more BTU's than necessary to do the job, so it doesn't burn 100% of the time the wand is keyed.

It reaches temperature and "hovers" there...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
NobleCarpetCleaners said:
Flow fired? That is a flow switch from the pressure washer industry, how do you keep the burner fired with intermittent triggering such as with a carpet wand?

you keep it keyed across the room...then unkey and dry stroke back

when you use the RV or RX, the fookin heat on the flow fired ones is just plain stupid

here ya go....a job last august at a rec center.....

th_VIDEO0002.jpg

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Shown installed in a box truck. The tank is actually designed for a van.

DSCN2573.jpg

T

The Magician

Duane, You build awesome machines. I like the biger hp. blowers and heat. Something like the John Nava machine.

Becker

Name
Becker
Why is it a new TM no matter the brand is such a turn on.

Was looking over the Sapphir at JonDon Friday, but man.. It looks like a bitch to work on the compact machine.

But still a turn on.

And the Everest next to it!

A hyundai never looked so good!

Had to distract myself by going over and looking at vacuum bags..

Nice work Oxley!

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
The Magician said:
Duane, You build awesome machines. I like the biger hp. blowers and heat. Something like the John Nava machine.

Thanks, Jimmy.

John has a PowerPak. The modern version of it would be the Viper.

PowerPak:
Pwrpksilwh150.jpg
JohnNavaatAstro.jpg

Viper:
Viper4.jpg

j]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV4xwj7V-V4j]

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Gorgeous machines Duane.

Regarding the flow switch, what is the minimum flow required to fire it? Will the lower flow of an upholstery tool be sufficient to fire it? I have a similar flow switch that will not fire with any less than .75 GPM.

Mikey P

Administrator
I find it amazing that you can pack in all those killer features and name brand components for the same price as all that crap out of Texas.

Cobbs excluded.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Goomer said:
Gorgeous machines Duane.

Regarding the flow switch, what is the minimum flow required to fire it? Will the lower flow of an upholstery tool be sufficient to fire it? I have a similar flow switch that will not fire with any less than .75 GPM.

Thanks, Frank.

Yes, about .75 GPM. We recommend an upholstery tool by PMF that has a :jet side bypass". That way, although it does bypass, it only does so when the trigger is keyed. An in bypassing, the flow is increased enough to activate the flow switch.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Mikey P said:
I find it amazing that you can pack in all those killer features and name brand components for the same price as all that crap out of Texas.

Cobbs excluded.

Funny, Miguel.

No, our systems cost considerably more than Nick's. But then, this is all I do. I don't clean carpet on the side. So for me, it's a full- time business- not a sideline. And when I did clean, I didn't give my work away, either.

Still don't.

And "we" is actually a "we", with employees, building in an actual company environment- not a garage out back. That means higher operating costs. But we still keep pricing competitive.

Dominator 2036 is currently $13,500
Dominator 2545 is currently $15,500
Dominator 3047 is currently $17,000
The SplitSteam will be $22,000
and the Viper is currently $11,500

And we still have systems in operation that were built in the 1990's.

Thanks,

Duane

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Depends upon the system.

Right now, we can have a Viper or Predator Unleashed on your doorstep in about 7 days.

For a Dominator, it's about 3 weeks. (And that will be reduced soon, as we have more of the fabricated parts in stock, like we do for the Vipers and Predator Unleashed.)

For a SplitSteam, we're more in the range of 6 weeks. (And that time will be reduced soon as well, as above.)

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Out Of Character said:
Hey Duane, what kind of turn around time to you average on a new machine?

Turn around time on a Dominator 2036 is currently 3 days. A Dominator 2545 is 7 days. And a 3047 is still about 3 weeks.

New videos coming, showing a Dominator installed in a van, including vacuum and heat in operation. Also shown are a few optional tricks we do to maximize the available cargo space. We shot the videos today. I'll try to get them edited tomorrow into a single video and up for viewing by Tuesday.

Thanks.

randy

Name
Randy
Becker said:
Why is it a new TM no matter the brand is such a turn on.

Was looking over the Sapphir at JonDon Friday, but man.. It looks like a bitch to work on the compact machine.
Becker said:
I thought that from day one. They look like a Prochem unit, with faded weather beaten paint (picture a 10 year old Prochem that has been sitting in a barn with a leaky roof for a few years) after being dumped in a trash compactor & squashed down.

What I nightmare to work on. Look forward to hearing: " take it to a qualified service center" if you buy one. What good that will do you at 10Pm when you have 5 jobs scheduled for the next day. The Hydromaster MISfire all over again.

It must be a southern thing Accelerated & Judson get it, and make easy to work on units.
I wonder why the "major" manufacturers in our industry can't swing that ?

Congratulations Duane, that thing looks like a really winner. You and the folks at Judson are definite trend buckers and I think this industry better be looking at your mindset on truckmount development & design , or they can join White Magic, Steam way and Steam genie ( of course they were all too established & solid to fail).

lance

Randy, SS says on their website that they have the things that need to be worked on within reach. I don't know if that is done on all the their machines but I doubt that they didn't think about maintainence and compactness before they finalized the design.

Did you hear one while it was running.....I haven't heard anyone say if they are as loud as the average TM or quieter?

randy

Name
Randy
I heard a 370 running and it seems much quieter than say a Prochem legend. Over all the guy said he wished he had bought another unit he was looking at.

As far as components that need to be worked on being accessible , I'm not sold on the jam it all in design. How often on working on equipment do we find our selves needing pretty wide access to complete repair efficiently. I'm not saying that a SS unit can't be repaired, I just think it was designed to drive every little repair job into a revenue center for dealers.

Vans are hard enough to work on with the cramped motor compartment, put a SS unit in there and now you have a real maintenance nightmare. If you live done the street from a dealer, enjoy paying $85 hour for repairs and your unit always breaks down m-f between 8-4 PM then a SS unit might be OK. In the real world of carpet cleaning they are going to be a real nightmare.

Plus you get a lot more for your money with a Judson or Accelerated unit.

I still maintain that SS will be a flash in the pan. As someone pointed out every new unit gets lots of attention in this equipment obsessed industry of ours. I remember when the new Chemspec units were going to revolutionize how truckmounts are made and " up the expectations of the marketplace". A short time latter Chemspec was in litigation with the actual manufacturer (ACE) and no longer private labeling the ACE unit. ACE then went under after taking a few cleaners through the dysfunctional world of constant down time and failing to deliver a unit that had been paid for.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Thanks, Vinnie.

Yeah, on the day we did that video, we actually did 2 of them. And it was unusually windy that day. The camera (Kodak i8) is new and I had no real idea how the wind affects it. The one above was the quieter of the two.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom