New Genie

Matt King

Good or bad, let me know what you guys think... I'll take some new pictures as my camera isn't the best here. I thought I'd put it up anyhow and get some feedback. Hope ya like it... www.steam-genie.com

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Gee,

I want one. But now the all important question? HOW MUCH AND DON"T DANCE around the question. Sorry I did'nt mean to yell.

Mister Sir Hack-a-Lot BDCC Extrodinaire

P.S. Will it work with Fords?

Matt King

No Fords right now.. Maybe in the future but the current Ford engine bothers me for pto use... The GM was hard enough as it was. As for price, I don't have one yet. I will soon though... Pricing will be comparable to the rest of the direct drives. I hope to have it available for this cleaning season. At the moment a new higher flow liquid exchanger is being created. I don't want guys to have to buy a blower exchanger if they don't have to. So I want the best liquid exchanger I can get in there. John is doing that and it will be done within the next couple of weeks. Once that's finished I need to make some changes to the frame and do the testing.

F

FB7777

seeing how you are only using 2004 or newer. will the install effect the manufacturer warranty on the GMC van?

Are you bringing the Steam Genie back Matt? Are you re-building old Genies and installing them in newer vans?

Fill me in, I'm an outsider on this.

I have seen one SG in the field and I thought it was a solid machine, pretty quiet and very simple design, the unit had a ton of hours on it and had been installed in 2 vans before being moved to the one it was in.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
small foot print and looks well thought out, anything that is simple to use and maintain is good

I like the fresh water tank and the shelf above it, looks like it fits in there very nice

what size blower, after having # 4 blowers and going to a # 5 blower I can't imagine going back to a # 4

is it in an extended van

way to go Matt

Matt King

That's my work van in those pics, just a standard length 1 ton Chevy. The 250ft.hose reel tucks in nicely behind the wastetank. This is an all new machine. Everything has been changed.. The machine (power unit) is 3" wider than the original. New exchangers, new driveshaft, optional high torque clutch, smooth flow plumbing and a wastetank that rinses out completely... I'm not trying to bring Steam Genie back per say, just the pto which is called the Steam Genie. Mark wished me well and that's good enough for me... I basically took the original design and made it into how I wanted it to be and that's what you see now. I figured I'd put it out there and just make it available again... It gives me something else to do on the side. As far as warranty is concerned there will be no issues. The unit is designed specifically for the new GM vans. If you look at the old machine and then the new you'll notice a whole different position for the driveshaft. It's closer to the blower now and several inches higher.. This new unit has a nice cradle for the shaft to rest in. The 47 blower is working out nicely. I had a Genesis 59 so I know what alot of vac power is. This is no 59 by any means but it's a nice reliable single wand unit with great power...

G

Not jumping over and causing a stir but you and Vawter seem to be making the same equipment name. Compared to an older equipment running around . How are you protecting yourself and your rights. Will the original manufacter of SG decide he want a piece of the pie?

Jerry

Supportive Member
Looks great Matt! Maybe I can see it in person someday. It's laid out nicely, looks like alot of room in there.Good luck with your new venture!
Take care,
Jerry

Matt King

Mark Carroll wished me well, Bob is doing all of the pre 2003 vans, Ford,Dodge and Chevy. I am doing only the new GMC and Chevy vans.

Matt King

Thanks Dave and everyone else! I appreciate it.... After looking at something for awhile some things that need to be changed can be easily missed. That's why I wanted a fresh set of eyes to look it over... Even if it didn't sell much that's ok. I just thought it would be cool to have back out in the field again ya know?.. Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom