New Greenglides Arrived

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Got my new GG from John Olsen today. 3 days wasn't bad for Utah to Ohio. My last glide lasted over 5+ years, finally worn it out. Will install tomorrow, and order one for the Ti wand next week. At 60 years old, I ain't pushin' no wand without one!

glide1_zpsf30a59c4.jpg

glide2_zps9d849ea0.jpg

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
5 years is outstanding. Can hardly get a year out of ours.

Well, Steve....the plus is that I'm about the only one who uses the wands .......99% of the time. So I kinda watch what I'm doing with them. Kinda like the van.....I'm the only one who drives it....99.9% of the time, so it isn't abused by a bunch of different drivers. Now as for my Wifes car......she beats the crap out of it just the way she drives. I kinda drive it like it's my baby. I will post a pic of the old glide. I really should have changed it out a few years ago. But it was still performing even with the flat bottom.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Don't you get a free glide at your age? :shifty:

Hey....I found the post from Lisa.:stir:

Thanked 121 Times in 87 Posts Feedback Score: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to truckmount girl

Re: The oldest carpet cleaner you know?

Over 70 now, must be like 78. he lives in San Diego and works with his wife(!!), they are apartment cleaners. He runs and RX20 and a Big Red TM with a 14" 2" tubed big red wand. He got free glidesicon. I always gave cleaners over 60 free glidesicon.

Take care,
Lisa

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Hey....I found the post from Lisa.:stir:

Thanked 121 Times in 87 Posts Feedback Score: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to truckmount girl

Re: The oldest carpet cleaner you know?

Over 70 now, must be like 78. he lives in San Diego and works with his wife(!!), they are apartment cleaners. He runs and RX20 and a Big Red TM with a 14" 2" tubed big red wand. He got free glidesicon. I always gave cleaners over 60 free glidesicon.

Take care,
Lisa

I wonder if the offer is still good? It probably was started when Greenie was involved. If still good, I'll take a slotted Ti wand (early version), thankyou!!

I've already bought my Quad Glide, and will install it tomorrow. I couldn't boil it today for installing, cause my Wife was using the pot I needed to make Pozole'!:biggrin:

Last edited:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Same here.....I think the tack strips finally got the best of my old glide.

This is whats left of my 5+ year old GG. Lot's of carpet cleaned with this Baby! Oh, and that's my Bea-bull, Nellie, checking out the photo action!(I should have cleaned her eye boogers). Bottom photo is new comparison to old thickness.
gg1_zps7953e8fc.jpg
gg2_zps6fd03f80.jpg
gg3_zpsa9aee2ed.jpg
gg4_zpsfab75655.jpg
gg6_zpse5edf521.jpg

Last edited:

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I wonder if the offer is still good? It probably was started when Greenie was involved. If still good, I'll take a slotted Ti wand (early version), thankyou!!

I've already bought my Quad Glide, and will install it tomorrow. I couldn't boil it today for installing, cause my Wife was using the pot I needed to make Pozole'!:biggrin:

Actually, it was me who started that policy and it is still in force. If you have celebrated your 60th and are still pushing a wand and working on the truck (not desk jockeys, and not your crews) you get free glides. I don't force distributors to honor that, but I support them by providing them free glides for their 60+ cleaners if they choose to participate.

Give me a call Monday and I will get you taken care of and I'll give John a call and see what we can work out for the one you already purchased.

Take care,
Lisa

Reactions: GCCLee
Name
Steve Lawrence
Well, Steve....the plus is that I'm about the only one who uses the wands .......99% of the time. So I kinda watch what I'm doing with them. Kinda like the van.....I'm the only one who drives it....99.9% of the time, so it isn't abused by a bunch of different drivers. Now as for my Wifes car......she beats the crap out of it just the way she drives. I kinda drive it like it's my baby. I will post a pic of the old glide. I really should have changed it out a few years ago. But it was still performing even with the flat bottom.

Hey Robert,
Isn't it interesting that the people who end up fixing and/or paying for repairs treat the equipment so much better than the people who just use the stuff?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
You got some miles out of that glide! I usually change mine out a couple times a year, including the jets and check valves. Getting due to do that here soon on both our Titanium wands in the next week or so.

I turn 52 in a couple weeks and I still like pushing the wand. Some of the only good exercise I get! My knee surgery 8 weeks ago still has me limited, but I still won't go down without a fight!

Mark

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Actually, it was me who started that policy and it is still in force. If you have celebrated your 60th and are still pushing a wand and working on the truck (not desk jockeys, and not your crews) you get free glides. I don't force distributors to honor that, but I support them by providing them free glides for their 60+ cleaners if they choose to participate.

Give me a call Monday and I will get you taken care of and I'll give John a call and see what we can work out for the one you already purchased.

Take care,
Lisa

Thanks, Lisa.......I already bought the glide from John, so let's leave that one alone. John works hard at running a great business, he deserves the sale. I'll call ya Monday.....I need to replace my Ti wand slotted glide It's getting pretty thin.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
This is whats left of my 5+ year old GG. Lot's of carpet cleaned with this Baby! Oh, and that's my Bea-bull, Nellie, checking out the photo action!(I should have cleaned her eye boogers). Bottom photo is new comparison to old thickness.
gg1_zps7953e8fc.jpg
gg2_zps6fd03f80.jpg
gg3_zpsa9aee2ed.jpg
gg4_zpsfab75655.jpg
gg6_zpse5edf521.jpg
Damn Robert by the looks of those hands you must have been using the pre epa anything goes 1970's super hazardous chemicals lol. I think the crypt keeper has softer hands than those puppies lol:biggrin:. I remember when I was in my early 20's I worked for a a guy who was in his 60's who had a 4 or 5 truck company. The owner and his brother where both in their 60's and they both rocked the wands harder than anyone I ever saw. They mainly cleaned apartments and both of them had to of cleaned on average between 8-10 units a day in the summer. On top of that they where cleaning with some big ass 14 inch unglided wands hooked up to some prochem 405's. Those guys where hardcore no inline sprayer none of that just a 2 gallon stainless pump sprayer and dry slurry and grandi groom. I hear from people who live in my home town that he still has a sizeable business and I bet that even now being in his late 60's or even early 70's gary the owner could work me under the table and I just turned 31.Gary the guy I worked for has almost became a legend with me and a couple of my cousins who worked for him. He was the grouchiest guy you ever met always wore a blue jumpsuit with all his iicrc patches on his sleeve with Velcro tennis shoes and a gold chain. He also had a severe turkey neck and literally drank a case of diet coke out on the truck everyday. I cant talk too much about you old timers because I actualy looked up to dude and he helped inspire me to jump in the game.

Last edited:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Damn Robert by the looks of those hands you must have been using the pre epa anything goes 1970's super hazardous chemicals lol. I think the crypt keeper has softer hands than those puppies lol:biggrin:. I remember when I was in my early 20's I worked for a a guy who was in his 60's who had a 4 or 5 truck company. The owner and his brother where both in their 60's and they both rocked the wands harder than anyone I ever saw. They mainly cleaned apartments and both of them had to of cleaned on average between 8-10 units a day in the summer. On top of that they where cleaning with some big ass 14 inch unglided wands hooked up to some prochem 405's. Those guys where hardcore no inline sprayer none of that just a 2 gallon stainless pump sprayer and dry slurry and grandi groom. I hear from people who live in my home town that he still has a sizeable business and I bet that even now being in his late 60's or even early 70's gary the owner could work me under the table and I just turned 31.Gary the guy I worked for has almost became a legend with me and a couple of my cousins who worked for him. He was the grouchiest guy you ever met always wore a blue jumpsuit with all his iicrc patches on his sleeve with Velcro tennis shoes and a gold chain. He also had a severe turkey neck and literally drank a case of diet coke out on the truck everyday. I cant talk too much about you old timers because I actualy looked up to dude and he helped inspire me to jump in the game.

I am NOT a hand model!! Actually, I worked 31 years in a GM assembly plant, many years in the windshield/backlight install area. I had to repair the mistakes and the windshield sealer, which was called Thiacol. It was a thick, vicious, black sealer that the glass was glued in with, and it took some pretty nasty chems to clean it up. I handled a lot of those chems with out gloves for many years. It would dry out your skin, not to mention lungs! Plus, there was a nasty "primer" chem that was used to "clean" the area of the glass that received the sealer to insure a good seal/grip. Many of the people that I worked with are either dead or very ill with cancer. So far, only dried skin for me.

Also, CC chems have a tendecy to dry out the skin. I've been using them for 37 years, and the early stuff was pretty nasty.

Reactions: BLewis

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom