New Hydroforce filter

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hi,
I have the old style pool filter with the flip top and the stainless mesh insert with the solid plastic bottom piece. I use womens stockings liners in that filter.The odd thing is that still pretty big clumps of fiber and hair end up somehow getting past the womens stocking and end up in the steel mesh of the filter insert. When I started using the stockings I drilled a bunch of holes into the black plastic disc of the insert to increase airflow. I might have gone overboard with that and sometimes the end of the sock gets sucked through one of the holes I drilled and might actually decrease airflow..I also seem to get more gunk in my waste tank.
So instead of buying a new all mesh insert for 50 bucks I'm looking at the new Hydroforce filter with the screw top, which comes with that insert and is about 100.-. Is that a better way to go? My old filter housing is still fine. Hydroforce claims that the new filter design increases the lift compared to the old model.That would be a nice extra benefit. How's that screw top vs the flip top? How does the filter hold up? It looks kind of flimsy, like it would crack easily.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Get the clearview filter from Joe Bristor.

Pick the front and back lid for what hoses you run.

Its bigger, stronger and better than the hydroforce.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I did what you did and got what you got so I went to Home Depot and bought a drain cover and put it in the bottom of the filter before the nylon and problem solved.

The screw top filter from HF is the worst pos thing you will ever buy. Don't do it!

Buy a mytee filter.

I had to toss three in the garbage in less than 6 months.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Friend of mine has the Hydro Force filter, piece of Junk in my opinion.

Go with a new screen in the fliptop. I like Ken's shower drain cover Idea, its genious.

FredC

Village Idiot
EcoPro1 said:

2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89Ew3OGN_k82]

looks better to me....otherwise I wouldn't post a vid by Les about Mytee :D

Edit: I have not used any of them carpet cleaning because my TM had filter boxes, but I have used both the screw on and flip top pool filters for pool maintenance...and they both suck....YMMV

on the screw type, although I'm not as weak as Daniel which is odd with him lifting all those weights and being much younger, it becomes a bitch to screw off and the hard plastic tends to crack.....................

Mikey P said:
Why is that Dan?

What was breaking?

Well the screen mesh busted but the real issue is the lid.

It gets stuck and you can't get it off. Dirt and grit get caught in the grooves and make it impossible to twist the lid off.

I had two that I had to knock the handle on a post to get the lid off, but eventually the filter just cracked in half.

It's junk.

The older flip top is a good filter. Just keep the orings changed out and the filter will last a long time.

I personally would get a box similar to what Jim Martin has.

And of course you can just run filterless with a blower filter and panty hose but no inline or basket filter.

If you want an inline you can't go wrong with the mytee, but you should know this because you have some mytees.

I have two but have not put them into service yet.

Anything wrong with them I should know about?

IMAG05721.jpg

And the real reason you want the 2.5 inch inlet mytee filter is better airflow. Just look at the difference.

IMAG0569.jpg

E

EcoPro1

danielc said:
Mikey P said:
Why is that Dan?

What was breaking?

Well the screen mesh busted but the real issue is the lid.

It gets stuck and you can't get it off. Dirt and grit get caught in the grooves and make it impossible to twist the lid off.

I had two that I had to knock the handle on a post to get the lid off, but eventually the filter just cracked in half.

It's junk.

The older flip top is a good filter. Just keep the orings changed out and the filter will last a long time.

I personally would get a box similar to what Jim Martin has.

And of course you can just run filterless with a blower filter and panty hose but no inline or basket filter.

If you want an inline you can't go wrong with the mytee, but you should know this because you have some mytees.

I have two but have not put them into service yet.

Anything wrong with them I should know about?

IMAG05721.jpg

And the real reason you want the 2.5 inch inlet mytee filter is better airflow. Just look at the difference.

IMAG0569.jpg

Thank you for the photos Dan. I thought they were supposed to me made of bullet proof plastic? I guess not. Great point made of the screw offs becoming filled with particulates. I'm going to return this HF 2 and will get a devastator made by Conway instead.

Http://www.facebook.com/ecoprocc

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I usually have a bucket by the machine that I drain the mixtank content into when I set my mixture and also before i leave the job, because if my mixtank is full while I'm driving, the content will sometimes spill into my cab. So what I usually do is use that bucket of rinsing solution and a rag to clean my hoses before they go back onto their reels and that screwtop filter would clean up much easier than the fliptop in my bucket. I would just dunk it in and that would probably keep the threads from freezing up.

Ron K

Can someone tell me why you need more than One revolution of thread? Doesn't the vacuum hold the top to the O-ring for an air tight seal ?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
So I ended up buying the new Hydroforce filter. Attached some quicklink connectors and I'm using the pantyhose liners inaddition to the wire mesh filter it comes with.
No doubt that it is a better filter. I seem to get more vacuum and now all the muck actually ends up in the filter instead of blowing by it and ending up in the waste tank.These filter socks end up really plump after most jobs, that tells me the filter is working correctly.
The new filter looks similar enough to the fliptop model, but from what I can tell it is significantly better. I've been using it for over a week now and I don't regret the purchase.

Johnnyone

Have had several aqua filters, they last about a year or so, the stainless filter last longer than the housing. The weld on the stainless filter work loose after time but can been repaired with JB weld. Purchace a lint Hog from John @ superior along with 5 set of lynxs cuffs. Had some issues with the cuffs but was able to send them back. So far I am happy with the lint hog LIKE!

E

EcoPro1

gimmeagig said:
So I ended up buying the new Hydroforce filter. Attached some quicklink connectors and I'm using the pantyhose liners inaddition to the wire mesh filter it comes with.
No doubt that it is a better filter. I seem to get more vacuum and now all the muck actually ends up in the filter instead of blowing by it and ending up in the waste tank.These filter socks end up really plump after most jobs, that tells me the filter is working correctly.
The new filter looks similar enough to the fliptop model, but from what I can tell it is significantly better. I've been using it for over a week now and I don't regret the purchase.

Instead of stealing your custys pantyhose. Give paint strainer filters a try. We been using the 1 gal ones with great results. W/ the same HF. We rinse the crud to the bottom and let dry then shake the crap out n reuse.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom