New Ignition Switch

jrizo1

I want to put a different ignition switch on my 370ss something more durable any recommendation on what to use and where to buy?
thanks

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Why isn't the one you have durable. Has it slready broken? A push start would be cool. You can buy different ones that are lit. Haven't given it any thought if it would work.

Gene

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I want to put a different ignition switch on my 370ss something more durable any recommendation on what to use and where to buy?
thanks

You just bought the unit
what makes you think the switch will fail??
they're generally not a high fail item...even cheap ones
(not suggesting, nor implying SS uses cheap switches) I don't know what they use...just that i can't recall ever having trouble from any ig switches ...lawn tractors, snow blowers, misc power equipment, etc....bad/corroded wires, loose connections, yes, but ig switches no

..L.T.A.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Unless you hang a huge (heavy) ring of keys off the switch, they generally last a long time.

What you are looking for (if you Google) is "heavy duty universal ignition switch", but most of what you find will be no better than what you have.

jrizo1

You just bought the unit
what makes you think the switch will fail??
they're generally not a high fail item...even cheap ones
(not suggesting, nor implying SS uses cheap switches) I don't know what they use...just that i can't recall ever having trouble from any ig switches ...lawn tractors, snow blowers, misc power equipment, etc....bad/corroded wires, loose connections, yes, but ig switches no

..L.T.A.

the switch did not fail one of the keys bended really bad
now I am left with one key and I don't think I can make a copy of that key
that is why
how did a two year old kid manage to bend I key like that? I don't know

Name
Lee Stockwell
This winter I broke a key off flush in a Prochem 405 ignition. My locksmith had it out in less than a minute and made me a couple spares. Only charged a few bucks.

No problem!

Becker

Name
Becker
I had a hydramaster for years!

When I bought it, it had a dealer key tag and both keys on the ring, one in the machine.
It stayed that way till I got rid of it.
Only difference was years later the plastic dealer key chain tag wore though and fell off.

I have seen some newer TM having ignitions with cheap ass keys. Mine look like ones that would fit in a desk or masterlock.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom