New Nissan 1 ton van same price as a chevy?

Name
R.J. Povio
How is the fuel economy? I looked on the site. Does the 4.0 v-6 get the same as a sprinter? The 5.7 seems like it would be a gas hog!

Every sprinter that is 3-4 years old in Rochester NY is rotting like crazy! Yellow rust stains pour out and down below the rear windows amongst other areas on those vans too. I have had fed ex and other guys say that the vans are great execpet they need 6-10k in body work after only a few years and less than 100k miles on the van. I have 10 year old Fords that have hardly any rust and no body work has been done on them yet....but 3 sets of balljoints. Lol.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I had an 05 nissan titan. That thing was fast as hell great pick up. but got worse gas mileage than my 07 tahoe that I had.. I just know the gas mileage on it was bad. I am sure its the same engine.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Contemporary Carpet Clean said:
How is the fuel economy? I looked on the site. Does the 4.0 v-6 get the same as a sprinter? The 5.7 seems like it would be a gas hog!

Every sprinter that is 3-4 years old in Rochester NY is rotting like crazy! Yellow rust stains pour out and down below the rear windows amongst other areas on those vans too. I have had fed ex and other guys say that the vans are great execpet they need 6-10k in body work after only a few years and less than 100k miles on the van. I have 10 year old Fords that have hardly any rust and no body work has been done on them yet....but 3 sets of balljoints. Lol.

Chrysler engineers think they have a fix for that. Next year all Sprinters will be painted rust.

lance

The nissan armada and titan both look great.

That van does not. Maybe if you wrapped it things would be different.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They sure are ugly! However if it lasts and holds up better that the Ford or GMC's then I can get use to how ugly they are.

Man are they ugly....what were they thinking???

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Nissan did a survey on what cargo van owners thought of the Sprinters, the majority of the responses said they did not like the Euro look, so Nissan of US team decided to make the front end similar to GM frontends on their vans. If you look at the sides and rear it still has the Euro spec look. Nissan of EU n JP would never put out something fugly as that front end, it would been similar to the Sprinter, Citroen, Transit Euro spec, Iveco, etc.

So yea its hideous.

Bjorn

Buy Amerikan.

you mean obama motors fook that BUY FORD!!!!!!! if your going to buy American

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
She's ugly, but remember that girl you dated that was ugly but had the rockin body? There's more than exterior beauty. :mrgreen:

Here is what i like:
inside-forward.jpg

inside-right.jpg

open-back.jpg

open-side.jpg

and just like the ugly girl, once you're riding around in her, shes doesn't seem as bad as she looks. :oops:

steve g

Name
steve garrett
since renault aligned with nissan I have lost interest. I don't think their cars have the legendary reliability they once had. the most reliable/durable vehicles I have ever driven were late 80's to mid 90's nissan pickup trucks. those trucks ran and ran. I haven't heard that great of things about nissan's truck offerings as of late. who knows maybe they changed, but I sure used to be a nissan fan.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Is it just me or does it not look as wide as a regular van?. Judging by the pic of the guy in the back.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ugly...but appears as if you can access the motor easier....

also.....I would venture a guess that most nissans are in fact made here.....just a thought...you are still supporting americans

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Ford owners calling another truck ugly?

The Nissan was designed by a team of ex-Ford people, so Ford is indirectly responsible for the look of the exterior. Maybe the Ford guys moved to Nissan to do something besides annually paste wierder plastic on a twenty year old truck?

Now they can paste wierd plastic on a brand new truck!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
The Great Oz said:
Ford owners calling another truck ugly?

The Nissan was designed by a team of ex-Ford people, so Ford is indirectly responsible for the look of the exterior. Maybe the Ford guys moved to Nissan to do something besides annually paste wierder plastic on a twenty year old truck?

Now they can paste wierd plastic on a brand new truck!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John Buxton

Since I grew up in a General Motors town and know the mentality of the workers I would buy a Toyota or Nissan any day over a GM or Ford. had to buy a new motor in my 2002 GMC Savanna with 60,000 miles, and a new motor in my sons Ranger with 125,000 miles both last year. My Tundra and Sequoia before were flawless. Put a Hydramaster in the Nissan and I'll buy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom