New phone reccomendation.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I need a new phone. Must work well with SM, shoot videos and long battery life, easy driving direction, email, etc...

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Galaxy Note...i'm waiting to update mine with the 3rd installment.

*EDIT* well it wont have the longest batt life, but the screen size will make you forget that deficit quickly.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
glad they fixed that for the N2. mine gets 5-6 hours of heavy use and it is dead.

i rooted mine for the 1st time last week. put a JellyBean rom on it, runs smooth & fast. i don't see much of a huge benefit to all this phone tweaking though.

the S4 looks awesome, but too small.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I just got the S4 and I really like it. I'm bent on keeping the phone in my front pocket so the note won't work for me. The S4 maintains an excellent tether connection with my iPad mini, unlike the iPhone 5 (weird). I use it for navigation, tethering, phone, pics (before and afters), listening to music via blutooth, and checking this board pretty regularly ;-)

Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine of Iowa LLC
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Love my RAZR Maxx, battery life is the best of all I believe and I so carry mine in my pants pocket when not at my desk or driving.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
I'm trying to hold out for the note 3, Q4 release this year.
My gf has the note 2 and that thing has insane battery life.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Mikey P

Administrator
I would say the same, hold out for the note 3.

although it's huge, the screen is a blessing if you have poor vision, the stylus is super handy for maneuvering websites and taking notes, battery itself is bigger than a Iphone...Google voice kicks Siri's ass too.

Lefty724

Name
E
Yup just got the the Galaxy S4 Active here. Actually impressed with the battery life so far, currently getting 2 days with heavy use!

Really wanted the Note 2 since all my friends have them and get 3-4 days of battery life. We'll see....

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Active using Tapatalk

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
I would say the same, hold out for the note 3.

although it's huge, the screen is a blessing if you have poor vision, the stylus is super handy for maneuvering websites and taking notes, battery itself is bigger than a Iphone...Google voice kicks Siri's ass too.

rumored launch September
Same phone size as the note 2 but at least a 5.7" - 1080p -13mp camera.....

often times when she isn't looking i swap my galaxy s2 into her purse and take her note2 :)
even with the otterbox defender case I don't find it too hard keep in the front pocket

Name
Lee Stockwell
I'm eager to upgrade, have I4 now almost 3 years. 4s and i5 didn't impress me enough to make the jump, too many bugs.

Probably S4, but still watching.

Becker

Name
Becker
I've not had a single complaint or bug with the iPhone 5. Or 4s. Nor the 3GS till I updated the ISO.

Sold the 3GS with a broken screen on eBay for 100. And the 4s near new condition for 380.00.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Curious if any of the iPhone fanatics have used a high end, late model Android? I had the original galaxy S followed by the S3. Trying to keep an open mind, I got the iPhone 5 almost a year ago. I had never owned an iPhone and really tried to love it but never got over how incredibly small the screen is. Its not just difficult to see but its hard to type on too. I use an iPad mini (wifi version without data) for Service Monster and tether it to my smartphone. The S4 holds the connection without constantly dropping my iPad. Im not sure on the math but I bet my S4 has a 50% larger screen than the iPhone 5 plus it does all kinds of cool things like multitasking I haven't figured out yet. Oh yeah, it works better with my Square payment system too...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
the next iP will be bigger now that their CEO died. he kept them small oddly.

Becker

Name
Becker
I really don't want the phone any larger. Good lord. Some of them are the size of mini tablets.

Clearly the s4 and others beat out the iPhone.

Ill get something else once the iPhone stops doing all I need it to.

Not interested in the increased risk of virus etc.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
no virus worries. "they" say it's possible to get a virus if you install off-market apps, which makes sense i guess. so just steer clear of them and only gettem from the Play Store. lots of freebie's just like the App Store.

Name
PHILIP NICK
Verizon will have 3 new Motorola Droids coming out in late August. The max will have a multiday battery life.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom