New rug scam

Name
Brad Gouveia
New for me at least, sort of a spinoff of the phone calls using the hearing services that went around a year or two ago. I got this email:

Hi OWNER,
How are you doing today ?. . My name is Mr Kenny and I am Hearing impaired,I need to know if you do Carpet/rug cleaning service and i also want to know if you accept credit card for Payment?Please let me know and I hope to read from you soon. Please i want you to email me your shop address and office phone number and cell phone.

Regards
Kenny

Here is his email if you want to play with him:

kenny_adio@yahoo.com

I did not response as I got better things to do. Just thought I would mention it for any suckers here that may fall for it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I got one similar last week.

I declined the work but referred him to several of my competitors.
I said I'm not stoopid, I don't care to be ripped off but they might.
Good luck fishing!
:twisted:

LOL

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I would lead them on as far as I can...and trick them as much as I can..feed them their own medicine.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Since Bruce referred him to us, I referred him to you Zee! :p

Thanks! I always enjoy messing with them.. :lol: sometimes you do have customers though that end up giving you a bunch of rugs...I have 19 rugs waiting in the shop from one customer and 6 from another one...of those 19 , they average out at about 8x10 each!! Big rugs...next week is gona be some good rug cleaning time for us...

I know Ken...you guys average 24 rugs in an hour...if you work 5 days a week 8 hours per day...based on your rug cleaning numbers you gave once .. :lol:

Last edited:

Jamesh921

Name
James
Yep, I received it today too.

I replied to his email and called him stoopid and told him to go away. He shouldn't bother anyone ever again now.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I got one this week but he wasn't deaf. He was in the hospital recovering from cancer...I didn't reply.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
You guys will get a kick out of this then. I got these calls a while back and just hung up a few times. I called my local sherrif and hey told me to play along and we both did for a while but this guy never followed thru.

i had to post in two parts cause its to long.

<o:p> </o:p>

Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 8:47 AM
To: me@myemail.com
Subject: RE: rug cleaning
<o:p></o:p>

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
I tried to post a string of emails with htis guy but it was long to post and mike has the post limited to 10k in char. or less. still the police and i went on with this guy for about a week and he did not come thru.

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
We revived one similar of a guy that was terminal with cancer from out of state.

Needed our address and bank account info to wire the money.

Oh ok do you need my SS info also?

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
here is some of the email. i thought this would make some fun reading lol.

Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 2:13 AM

To: jessejohnson7777@yahoo.com
Subject: rug cleaning
Goodday
This is Jimmy Wallace, i will like to know if you do rug cleaning in your shop and do you accept credit cards for payment, can i speak with the owner or the manager actually i just relocated from my old house in FL down to your city 3 days ago and i would like to know how much will 9 x 12 rug cost for cleaning and actually i have 15 rugs of that, can you do the total calculation for the cleaning for the 15 rugs size 1620 sq.ft. basically i just moved in to your city now and i am at the hospital right now because i was down with a diagnosis ofcancer of the lungs as such i had to spend some time in the intensive care,so i want to do the cleaning arrangement for the rugs and after completing the payment with my credit card,so that i can contact my private delivery shipper in FL to move those rugs down to your shop for the cleaning Asap, so let me know if you can handle that for me.
Due Regard
Jimmy

To: "' Jimmy Wallace '" <JIMMYWALLACE007@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 , 12:25 PM
Sure, give us a call 256 324 1343
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:54 AM
To: our company@email
Thank you so much for getting back to me and here is my phone # (he did provide a number but no good) but right now am unable to receive and make calls due to the nature of my lungs cancer but you can leave me a message which i can read and get back to you. But i will be very happy if we can make all the transaction via email cuz that the only easy way for me to go now and i will like you to get back to me with the total cost for cleaning my 15 rugs and also send me your store name and address so i can forward that to my shipping agent for them to make arrangement for the shipping to your shop and let me know the type of credit card you accept for payment so i can make the payment as soon as i have the total cost from you.
Hope to read from you soon.
Best Regards,
Jimmy .

Date: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 , 9:38 PM
Thanks for your reply. Before we can quote you a price we need to know what kind of rugs you have. Are the wool or synthetic like nylon, polyester or olefin? That will determine the price.

Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 10:23 PM
Hello,
Thanks you so much for getting back to me my 15 rugs there synthetic so let me know the total cost and also send me your store address so that i can forward that to my shipping agent that will deliver the rugs to your store also let me know the type of credit card you accept for payment

Date: Thursday, March 31, 2011 , 12:28 PM
Great thanks for the reply.
Clean, deodorize and protector for 15 rugs synthetic fiber @ $ 50.00 per rug no pick up or delivery Total $ 750.00
We accept Visa, Master card. We need a photo id either faxed or emailed to accept Credit card payment over the phone.
Ship to
Our companyCarpet Cleaning
I gave him a police shipping address
Please have shipper call to confirm shipping date and time

Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:46 AM
Good Morning,
Thanks for your reply with the total cost also with the address to ship the rugs to and my shipping agent will call to confirm everything you need with you. But before i give you my credit card to charge for the payment, i will like you to do me a favor which i will be very happy if you can assist me with the favor.
Thanks.
Jimmy .

Date: Thursday, March 31, 2011 , 4:41 PM
Ok, tell us what you need for us to help you with 

Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2011 12:05 PM
Hello,
Thank you so much for getting back to me just want to make the confirmation if you are ready to charge my credit card now for the sum of $3,500 and you will hold the deposit fee of $1,000 and help coordinate the remaining balance of $2,500 with the shipper that is bringing the rugs from my house down to your ends for the cleaning, actually i suppose to have paid the shipper directly but am out of cash and have used all the money i have to pay my medical bill at the hospital for my lungs heart cancer operation that is taking place in 3 days time so kindly get back to me asap if this is understood, so i can email my credit card and shipper payment details to have things done asap.

Thanks.
Jimmy.

Date: Thursday, March 31, 2011 , 7:03 PM
Sure we are happy to assist you in any way we can. Just please provide us all the following information for our records:
Customer Name
Address
Phone number
Lic#
Card number exp date three digit number on the back of the card
Shipping company
Contact Name
Address
Phone number
Thank you for your business and hope to here from you soon
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:28 PM
Hello,
Here is my credit card info for you to charge for the the $3,500 please as soon as you have it charge for the payment kindly get back to me with the approval # for my records.
My name is:- Jimmy Wallace
Address:- 1201 N
Phone:- 206-
Card Type:- Visa
Card Number:- there was a number here and he provided all the info for a cc transaction less code
Card Exp Date:- 05/2013
Shipping Agent Info:-
Name:- Deborah Wood
Address:- 14542
Phone:-
E-mail:-
Do send the $2,500 to my shipping agent so they can make arrangement for the shipping and kindly get back to me with the WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER details so i can forward that to them for the money.
Thanks.
Jimmy .

Date: Thursday, March 31, 2011 , 8:09 PM
Thank you for the order Mr. Wallace , We need the three digit cv code on the back of your Visa card as well as your driver’s license number please. We can then process your order.

Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2011 3:25 PM
Hello,
You can charge the visa card without the 3 digit number it will go through and for my driver’s license i cant have that forward to you right now because am still on my sickbed no how to make any scanning. Just go ahead and charge my card through it will proceed for the amount.
Thanks.
Jimmy .

Date: Saturday, April 2, 2011 , 12:00 PM
Mr. Wallace I hope all is well, we have not heard back from you and because of your health issues we are getting worried about you. Please if you could let us know that you are ok.

Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2011 1:15 PM
Hello,
Have been waiting to read from you since if you have charge my credit card through for the payment and also have you have send the money to my shipping agent so they can work fast on the shipment.
Thanks.
Jimmy .

To: "'Jimmy Wallace'" <JIMMYWALLACE007@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 8:03 PM
Dear Mr. Wallace ,
We are going to need for you to call our office please. 222-333-0000 we need to speak to you and see what it is you need from us. You mentioned you where in the hospital here in our town, we have only one hospital and I would be glad to come by and have you sign our work order and we could even pick up, clean and deliver your rugs for and additional $ 15.00 per rug. This will save you a considerable amount of time and money. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 8:47 AM
To: our company
<O:p></O:p>

Hello,

Have been waiting to read from you since if you have charge my credit card through for the payment and also have you have send the money to my shipping agent so they can work fast on the shipment.

Thanks.

Jimmy

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
****************************** that was the end of it he gave up lol*****

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom