New T-Rex floating head

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Shame on me, but I have been reading a long thread on *** about a new head for the T-Rex. I doubt it will be available at Mikefest unless some one who is coming has a prototype on their hands. Any chance?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Cu has been using it for a while . . .

search on this board for his comments.

It will help on direct-gluedown carpet, due to better floor compliance.

Larry

Jimbo

I saw that bad boy Head at the ice show. Loren...you would love it...looks like MacPherson struts suspension on each individual head...amazing work of engineering art!

Reactions: Larry Cobb

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Let's hope Cu brings it!
Sorry to let you down Loren . I had the prototype but had to let it go back to Mytee. I was very impressed with the results I got with the flex star . It has great air flow and no restrictions in the vac chamber. So it got great recovery , the shoes sit great on cgd due to the suspension set up. When I get the production head I,ll bring one up to you with a Trex and let you have it for a week with the 3 heads to try out.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Michael;

We've been impressed with the increased cleaning ability.

We will have a production head to demo at the Experience show coming in Dallas shortly.

Along with our UV spotting seminar.

Larry

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Michael;

We've been impressed with the increased cleaning ability.

We will have a production head to demo at the Experience show coming in Dallas shortly.

Along with our UV spotting seminar.

Larry

Betcha gotta have one a dem fancy light sabres ya make too huh ?

one a deezz days Tex : )

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Sorry to let you down Loren . I had the prototype but had to let it go back to Mytee. I was very impressed with the results I got with the flex star . It has great air flow and no restrictions in the vac chamber. So it got great recovery , the shoes sit great on cgd due to the suspension set up. When I get the production head I,ll bring one up to you with a Trex and let you have it for a week with the 3 heads to try out.

Can't beat an offer like that. Thanks.

It sounds like the vacuum air flow is better than the original design, is that right? Do the floating heads dig up the soil as well on residential carpet as the original design? Will the shroud cover the floating heads? Too many questions, eh?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Do the floating heads dig up the soil as well on residential carpet as the original design? ?

Loren, do you have/use one? (original)
if so, I'm curious to hear your views/thoughts .
I just haven't heard much about their real world performance from veteran cleaners (that don't have a monetary intere$t in them)

side note for the paranoid conspiracy knot-hEdz, the drama queers or the insecure folks.... that's NOT impugning anyone's integrity .
It's just you only hear the pros and none of the cons from them , which all cleaners with half a brain know are part of any/every tool...pros AND cons, that is

so veteran cleaners that actually own/use them (and have used other roto ext'rs to compare) guys like you , i want to hear from

THANKS

..L.T.A.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I just haven't heard much about their real world performance from veteran cleaners (that don't have a monetary intere$t in them)

.... that's NOT impugning anyone's integrity .
It's just you only hear the pros and none of the cons from them , which all cleaners with half a brain know are part of any/every tool...pros AND cons, that is

so veteran cleaners that actually own/use them (and have used other roto ext'rs to compare) guys like you , i want to hear from

THANKS ..L.T.A.

Cu has cleaned with one, as he reported here :

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showthread.php?271651-here-you-go-Studebaker&p=4269487#post4269487

Larry

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Loren, do you have/use one? (original)
if so, I'm curious to hear your views/thoughts .

side note for the paranoid conspiracy knot-hEdz, the drama queers or the insecure folks.... that's NOT impugning anyone's integrity .

THANKS

..L.T.A.

i do not have a t-Rex so I am not much help. I am asking questions to learn what I can. I have been reading these rotary threads with interest, trying to decipher the reviews to get the straight of things. With so many choices on the market there is much to ponder.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Loren, the veteran cleaner that you are. It is always good to get a report from people you trust and be benefited from their experience. Helps us all avoid our all too common mistakes.

And then, as usual, it boils down to first hand experience. That's why M'Fest and client appreciation days are so helpful.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
i do not have a t-Rex so I am not much help. I am asking questions to learn what I can. I have been reading these rotary threads with interest, trying to decipher the reviews to get the straight of things. With so many choices on the market there is much to ponder.[/QUOTE
]
This is how I feel about them Loren.
the best 2 units are the T-Rex and hoss. . After that anything I say is sales talk to people like Larry and Fred.
As I said your welcome to a Trex to use for a week to see if it suits your needs. Talk to Ray at CMS I believe he has a hoss on the floor . If ray says yes for you to try it out ..I'd even collect it and bring it up to you with the Trex. There is a big difference between demo,ing a unit for 10 mins or for a few days. You may even find you don't want either of them. Other then giving you a few pints of blood I don't know how to be more fair.

maybe Larry or Fred could advise me

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
maybe Larry or Fred could advise me

sure, how's this for advise;
don't play that stupid chit with me.

what other roto extractors do you sell?
RV?
RX?
HOSS?

I know Loren uses the original twin head RV
I know it's a GREAT cleaning tool due to the superior agitation it provides.
I also know it's slow and can easily soak a carpet.

That's why i was hoping to hear Loren had a T-rex .
he has nothing to sell

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
I know this..

We'll have a HOSS, a RVXL and I think RV is sending down a 360i as well.

Maybe Ray has a RX20 he can bring.

Cu is more than welcome to bring the Trex too.

We can divide the VFWBar carpet into sections for the HWE side so the Zipper, a 175/wand and each RE gets it's own zone.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
My main concern might be weight. I do all residential carpet, and I might lean toward the lighter weight of the four head Rotovac 360i. It seems most similar to the T-Rex and I am not getting any younger.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Loren you are WAY over thinking this. A perfect example of why a cleaner should just learn the basics and then leave. One guy says this another guy says this you have no clue who to believe. It becomes a money grabbing game . In the end it all comes back full circle. Pre vac with a kirby, well formulated pre spray, agitate with your choice of machine, fresh water rinse with a glided wand groom out with a brush and get paid . Pick up a few pointers here and there. But other then that Im done having this place give give me a headache. Im going back to the basics .

Golden Boy

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Nix that Kirby, its just a dust thrower with little filtration.

If the homeowner saw the microscopic dust plume you're blowing throughout their home they would kick you out of their house. :eekk:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
sure, how's this for advise;
don't play that stupid chit with me.

what other roto extractors do you sell?
RV?
RX?
HOSS?
..L.T.A.

Cu, state what you believe . . .

We have a Hoss and a TRex on the floor.
TRex has new metering valve. SS refuses to install one.
We also sell RotoVac equipment.

Mikey ran the Hoss & TRex when he was here.

Larry

P.S. USA won first medal in 2-man Bobsled in sixty years tonight.
Designer said carbon fiber allowed for more strength & lighter weight sled.
Also the new F-35 fighter jet uses a half-million dollar helmet system.
Of course, it was carbon fiber.

Last edited:

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
The XL is heavier than the i but not by much and when you consider the larger footprint its worth the weight.

If the size of the shoes are the same, the XL may not clean any faster than the 4 head 360i. Is the motor larger on the XL? Maybe that would be a good thing if the 360i 4 head is under powered. How much heavier is the XL than the 360i?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I bought the 360i last Summer and love it. It's so light and easy to use. It does an awesome job too. I'm excited to try the XL this weekend...that's right it's THIS weekend!!!

The Clean Machine

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom