New to VCT

Mike Green

Name
Mike Green
I'm sure I'll take a beating for some of this but here we go. By trade we do mostly solid surface flooring (natural stone & tile). As of lately we have been pressed hard by several of our large commercial contractors to do VCT. We had done several jobs in the past. All were under 5k Sq. Ft. each. My big question is I'm accepting a decent-sized job 20000 square feet of new VCT. I don't even know what I should start bidding this at. I do understand I have to do a thorough clean on it/lightly strip then seal and wax. This is outside my expertise and would welcome any help.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
It comes down to what do you want an hour and how you can achieve that. You want to make as do with the hard floor side of your business otherwise it will not be worth it to you.

Name
Lee Stockwell
My focus was VCT when I started back in the last Century, mostly grocery stores. From the frequent strip/wax/repeat cycles at the outset, to the spraybuff/red pad/ swing buffer system of 1970. A friend of a friend had the crazy idea to put a gas motor on a buffer and that morphed into Pioneer Eclipse.

However instead of making VCT a more attractive business for little guys like me, the increased productivity potential drove down prices and profits.

more...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom