New to VCT

Mike Green

Name
Mike Green
Okay here's my question, I'm rather new to the VCT world. I've only done a couple dozen small jobs all under 5K square feet each. I am being pressed rather hard buy a few of my commercial contractors to start doing VCT. When it comes to porcelain ceramic or natural stone we got it down. My question is I've got a 20000 square foot job that needs pricing ASAP. We have several portable units several swing arm machines and all the pads we could ever need. But I don't have a lot of experience with brand new VCT. I've always bid rather High on the smaller jobs because I wasn't competing against anyone. I'm not competing against many on this newer job either. I would like some advice as far as pricing on average for something this big. I know I will have to come in do a light buff and clean. Then seal and wax. By my figures with labor included I'm looking at about a dollar a foot. If I can get any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Mike, I was offered a chance to bid on some local schools, about 200,000 square feet.
I turned it down because it was too much for me to handle. I would have priced at around $.75/foot if I had the capacity.

I heard the winning bid was $.07/ft, for which I could not even provide materials, let alone strip and refinish. Go in at whatever price you think it would take, but do not be surprised if someone undercuts you by a bunch. Sometimes those huge jobs are not money makers.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Mike, I was offered a chance to bid on some local schools, about 200,000 square feet.
I turned it down because it was too much for me to handle. I would have priced at around $.75/foot if I had the capacity.

I heard the winning bid was $.07/ft, for which I could not even provide materials, let alone strip and refinish. Go in at whatever price you think it would take, but do not be surprised if someone undercuts you by a bunch. Sometimes those huge jobs are not money makers.
Yep. bigger contracts are tight and I stay away

Reactions: Old Coastie
F

FB7777

I love your optimism with the $1 sq ft

its a $5000 job all day long but throw it out there ... it cost them less than $20k that to install the floor

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
And you do know that the ones that are not new to the vct game will not be using swing Arm machines and portys😳 On new vct, you wouldn’t even have to use propane strippers. Put 2 auto scrubbers on it and go to town.🙄

Reactions: DAT and FB7777

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom