2.- FRP

Open to any other suggestions

Thanks

IMG_0163_zpsb37c2d05.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have a trailer I bought used and they had a rhino line done to it. Very slippery especially on the drop down door. Kind of sucks actually. Depending what you are going to do with the trailer would probably dictate a direction to go. Myself, not sure I would Rhino line another. I have high end epoxy floors in my shop and would maybe look at that with a silica sand added for non skid.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If those are your choices of DYI product use Herculiner. Do more than one coat.

The others are just paint that dries bumpy to look tough.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
DO NOT USE RUSTOLEUM. Both grades of their bed liner are absolute junk. They peel and dissolve with any solvent (delim), creating tar that sticks to everything.

I painted plywood a few days ago with Seal Krete Epoxy-Seal. It's intended for concrete garage floors, but should work well on sealed wood. Supposed to be three times tougher than floor paint. You can add non-skid sand, but I don't want to sand my equipment.

I also did a van floor with Duplacolor bed liner. Not very durable.

I would paint walls and floor of that trailer with multiple coats of epoxy. Seal Krete comes in gray and tintable white. Thirty-some bux/gal at Lowes.

Last edited:

jrizo1

so seal the wood before painting it with seek krere?

Last edited:

jrizo1

if I do the HERCULINER Bed Liner on the floor do i need to seal the wood first ?

Mike Draper

I put a really nice dark grey indoor/ outdoor carpet on the floor of my box truck. Always looks great and easy cheesy to clean.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I had a really nice one that I bought new and rhino lined. Yeah, it got stolen not too long ago.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Line-X would be my first choice too Steve, but J-Riz was asking about the DYI products.

We've used Herculiner on metal in places where epoxy falls off; floor grates, the underside of our rug washer... it's been perfect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom