new truckmount

Ive narrowed my search for a new truckmount down to a El Diablo or a Prochem Apex . I understand the advantages of both but would really appreciate any input I could get from all of you.

Name
Lee Stockwell
How mechanically inclined are you?
How is your relationship with the distributor of each?
Your history with fuel fired heating systems?

..and what are your gripes with the HM 450 Maxx (other than yours being a neutered CD version)?

Welcome to Mikey's board. We can help.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Good choices.....but why not consider the tcs chief? Cheaper price.. www.tcsatl.com. the eldiablo and the tcs, you can work on them yourself easily. I don't like the direct coupled blower on the diablo. I prefer belts

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I would go with the El Diablo. It would be much easier to work on than the Apex with a smaller price tag. I don't want to mess with LP or sending something off for service so my next unit wil be a El Diablo or Direct Drive.

XCC

If one of your choices is to be a fume belching diesel fired with no apo, then also consider Amtex's Dragon. 30 hp and 47 Roots with Northstar heat and almost 5 gpm pump blows everything else away. At about 16k.

Lee I dont have too much mechanical experiance at all. I want high heat and good vacuum which both machines offer. The installer doesnt like El Diablo at all they were upfront about that. I like the El Diablo price and the diesel burner has amazing heat to it. I guess what Im wondering is it worth it to pay the extra money for a Apex? I do want a good relationship with the installer Im also wondering how that will workout with a machine they clearly dont care for.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Did you add in a Judson to your choices???

While the Apex is a good machine...the "big boy" TM mfg, make them...well hard to work on and for in shop "fixes"

Judson is about as straight as you go...

and if you want to run diesel, then propane is a little easier...

just a thought

I would buy a Judson in a heartbeat but I would need access to a forklift to install it and a commercial address to deliver to. The Judson is what got me on the El Diablo kick in the first place. These machice are simply designed and priced great for a guy like me. I run my business out of my house so Im limited to what I can recieve at my doorstep and what I can lift or load into my van.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i wonder if you paid your local supplier a few bucks (I would guess you want them to install to) that they may do it for you???

I dunno maybe not.....but if what John at superior says....they dont make a ton on selling a machine anyway...so it may be nice to make money on an install and receiving

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have a friend that was a Butler man for years then moved and re opened with an El Diablo. He loves it, said extreme heat and great vacuum are better than his Butlers. Plus he said it was cheaper than the other units he looked at.

I personally don't want to screw around with the fuel, maintenance and repairs for secondary heat sources. I'd do the Apex if I were purchasing.

randy

Name
Randy
Buy a Judson and find a power washer supply place that works with propane to install it for you or find a mechanic shop with a fork. Worse case buy a van in south Carolina, have less install the unit and drive back. Make a vacation road trip out of it and stop at Connections on the way back to show it off.

I met someone that is still running a 22 year old Judson. It is on it's third truck as of last Fall and still producing after all these years. If I go back to truck mounts it will be with a Judson. You just can't beat that track record.

After a lot of thought and debate I went with a Boxxer 421 with a 100 gallon tank option. Not the most sexy option out there but so far I love it.

Name
Hank Unck
Ive narrowed my search for a new truckmount down to a El Diablo or a Prochem Apex . I understand the advantages of both but would really appreciate any input I could get from all of you.

If you haven't already done so, before you part with a chunk of hard-earned cash, you owe it to yourself to check out Sapphire Scientific's TMs before making a final decision on your equipment investment. Sapphire employs a TM design and engineering team, headed by Mike Roden, that has brought more innovation, efficiency, and reliability to truckmounts, than anyone else, in recent years. http://www.sapphirescientific.com/

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom