New Van & New Wrap

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
never had a wrap before, this was a partial. the company seems to have done a great job. i loved the retro wrap ideas from those few threads in the past couple years, so i told the company i hired to come up with some retro ideas. the 1st attempt was bad. this was the 2nd attempt and we went with it...retro? not much but i guess the font is a little retro? or maybe not. either way it looks better than my old van and it'll hopefully stand out :D we were very pleased, turned out better than anticipated. i was going after the Seattle Seahawks color-scheme...not a fan of theirs but love the colors :lol: i think the green needed to be a little more lime to match their colors tho. an all-blue van would'a helped!

anyways, went from this to this:

photo-e1381466568900.jpg

20131010_1441141-1024x389.jpg

newwrap1-1024x768.jpg

admin-ajax.php

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
aww shucks, thanks fellas! :D

howdy neighbor! :D i sold it only because of rust issues along the bottom of panels. my body-shop guy said that he could put a band-aid on it once more, then it would need sheet metal which would be a couple grand...too much $ for a '99 with 200k miles i figured :errf: i couldn't deal with a little rust showing on a van in the cleaning industry :icon_redface: and i really missed the whole van payment thing :razz:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It was worth every penny. You went from off the radar to a punch in the face. You see it without even trying.

I bet a few of your competitors think there is a new guy in town. :winky:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Derek

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Derek, I just now put it together after seeing your old van picture. Did you interview in an article in cleanfax or one of those mags a few years ago? Your yellow van looked familiar I know I seen it somewhere

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
howzit Joel!? thanx Bro.

hi Ralph, yea 30-40 homes per year like my sig says. no water damage, warranty-work, blood, poo or cat/human urine contamination. i refer these prospects to a friend for a "finders fee."

yea Jon that was us in January's Cleanfax, we were fortunate to get the interview. thanx Jeff Cross!!

tx to all for the kind words fellas! since i bought the short-bus in '05, it's vinyl lettering got me 4 resi-prospect calls, none of which worked out, and 1 walk-up that has been a CGD quarterly account for 7 years now. hopefully the new van might double that :)

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
BTW, here is the link to that retro-wrap site that someone else posted here a couple years back: http://www.graphicd-signs.com/portfolio-vehicle-advertising#4

i showed it to my wrap guy for ideas. this company is crazy-talented if you can afford them and want to drive to NJ. it might be worth the trip from anywhere in the country actually:

some of their stuff:
allegianceaward.jpg

ductcleaningwrap1374608225.jpg

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek

thanx Mark, means a lot coming from you. your van is uber cool looking to me, always has been. rockin the flames!

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Derek,

That is a great website you have listed. If you look at the wraps they have, they are using large blocks of color or ideas, and making it clean enough to read from a distance and on the run. Great post as well as you did your homework to get great color, nice large design, and even your design has movement with the "rays" in your crest around the words.

Got to say "Great Job"!

Mark

Reactions: Derek

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom