New Van

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
Hey guys... I started my business 3 years ago..and I have been using my 2004 mercury mountaineer as my work truck. It has 135k miles on it and is fully paid for but is staring to break..like its getting annoying. I am right now an owner operator with a portable machine. The machine fits well into the truck and I can also throw rugs in there for transport. Question is..I am probably going to end up getting rid of it and getting a van..even a small cargo one or something. I would like to know your opinion on the best bang for my buck. It doesnt have to be super huge as I will not be getting a truckmount etc..I'm in NYC. I just need something reliable..should I buy new, used...opinion?

Jarred

P.S. Who would have thought I would make it this far.....I did. :hopeless:

Chris A

Name
Chris
I would think a half ton van from either american manufacturer would do fine.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If you're never going to put a TM in it I'd look for small.

A good used Transit will give you the creature features of a car and the cargo space of a van, 25mpg.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
If you have more $ to spend, ditto docs answer,

If you have a smaller budget, I'd look for a used Astro Cargo with 80-100K

Sweet spot value wise to buy them used. If taken care of you'll get 250k+ out of it, and they hold a good bit of weight as well.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I just love these little guys. You can throw a portable in there, some low moisture equipment, service calls on WDR or transport fire cleanup crews to and from the jobs site.

Wayne Miller is working on a wrap for them, the drivers side will be fire, the rear carpet cleaning.

transit1.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom