New web site

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Hi all, I've been working on a new web site, (work still in progress), and would appreciate any comments, including good, bad and outright stupid :wink:

http://www.get.shorty.com.au/

Feel free to rip me/it, to pieces :lol:

I have big shoulders and can take it :twisted:

Ooroo :roll:

timnelson

First class, Shorty. You know what I like most? You don't sell yourself by trashing other cleaning methods.

Good on ya.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
not working for me my brutha from down unduh.
The link wasn't working, I didn't mean the website. I mean I couldn't get to the website so I don't know if the concept worked.
I have a hard time esplainin my self.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Shorty,
More pictures. Especially on the home page a pic of you and Delia. You know Delia will balance you out.

I love that you are telling people of your upcoming trip for more training. I think you should add pictures of you at these classes in all of these countries.

I would add a page of testimonials especially if you can get pics of the people who are providing the testimonial.

The pics draw attention and also people tend to scan rapidly on a website. This will slow them down a little.

Unless I missed it an ironclad guarantee, if for some reason they are not wowed by you. Of course we know that would never happen. You have the makings of a great site.

Looking forward to seeing you in Vegas.

Cheers.
Bill

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, I like it but it could use a little more WOW.
but every website needs that. Mine is getting ready for that
http://www.service1carpetcleaning.com

Pics are always good with bigger wordage.

Phone numbers are important and my website pisses me off because you can hardly find it. I will be fixing that.

Websites are always a work in progress and you are a smart person for asking for advice. Stepping away is good.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thank you all, I do think I put it up a bit to soon, but I am still working on it.

Guess I got a bit excited with it all. :oops:

Yes, there will be more photos and the jargon will be cut back on.

I'm not real flash on the WOW thing, but I'm sort of ok with ORLRIGHT :lol:

After my trip, I hope to have a lot more info to place on there, as well as some photos of coloured girls as Mikey suggested :shock:

Thanks again for critiquing this, I will be going over it time and again until I'm happy.

I guess that's the good thing about playing with it myself, I can chop & change, as well as add new content or special offers as required.

PS ::: Se ya in Minneapolis, Tinley Park & Vegas :wink:

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I REALLY like it, but then I am partial to a clean, understated design. It looks high end enough to drive away price shoppers but not at all pompous or arrogant. Good info as well. Very impressed. I like how you included the dates of your certifications.

I think the above criticisms are good to consider, but depend on what you hope to get out of your website. Personally I am not a big fan of before and after pics. They some how always end up looking a little cheesy (Joe Polish) to me. But each market is different and I certainly am no guru. If I was, I would take some antibiotics fast. :wink:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
:oops: :oops: :oops: I have to dig the boxes out with the missing dates :oops: :lol:

Thanks,

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I like your logo. Personally I would change the light green background to another darker shade or maybe the blue in the Ican logo. The light green in the bg and white blend in too much (not enough contrast).

I didn't read it but I agree that it may be too wordy. Open it up some. As far as optimizing it I would probably make a jpg or gif file out of some of the wording that people wouldn't be searching on. Your certs for instance. I see you don't have any meta tags. The description meta tag would be what the user may likely see when they search for your keywords. Kinda like an intro to your site. Keyword meta tag is where you put just that, your keywords. You probably know this stuff but thought I'd mention it.

Albert

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks Albert, but I am not really computer literate.

This is a template that my mate started for me, then handed it over to me to fill in whatever I wanted.

As I wanted extras done that I would stuff up, he would fix.

I still have a way to go with pics and other info which is still down the track a bit.

I have been pushed for time, plus anxious to get it out there.

What is a meta tag and what does it do, where do you get it and where do you place it?

I'm still open to more suggestions and/or criticism.

Thanks & Ooroo :roll:

safeclean

Hey Shorty it looks great I would display on the top right your company contact details like Cairns and your phone numbers + ABN.

Craig

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
BLAH BLAH BLAH........ I wanted to rip my eyes out of socket after the first paragragh...

No way the internet crowd who can't sit still for 2 seconds waiting for a page to load is gonna read that friggin drivel.

CAn someone recommend a good PROFESSIONAL web designer?I need one too.

Sorry Shorty, but you really left yourself open and I have had a bad day! :twisted:

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
What is a meta tag and what does it do, where do you get it and where do you place it?

Shorty, meta tags are in the code of web pages.

The "description" tag will display in the browser next to your websit when searching. It's like a preview of your site. Here's an example. The description tag is in blue. You can see this entry if you search in google "Marble cleaning san jose". It's in the middle of the page.

Marble cleaning, Stone Restoration, San Jose, Los Gatos, Los Altos
We bring back the luster to your marble and other stone surfaces
Education. Contact Us. Marble polishing San Jose. Marble cleaning. Stone restoration. ...
www.bedrockstonecare.com - Cached

The "keyword" is where you put phrases and words that you think the user may search for. In your case it may be "carpet cleaning cairns", "furniture cleaning cairns".

Here's what it looks like in the code for the example page.

<meta name="description" content="We bring back the luster to your marble and other stone surfaces">
<META name="keywords" content="Marble cleaning San Jose, Marble restoration San Jose, Travertine, resurfacing, Los Gatos,marble polishing, polish, San Jose, Silvercreek, Travertine honing, Travertine fill, countertops">

Sorry man, I know it's confusing. PM me when your ready to go online with your page and I'll help you with it.

Albert

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
I think some pics would be good too. Although Aussie advertising is a little different from what I have seem. I think they like to read and are more likely to believe simple direct statements. Spelling seems a bit off though. Hope to see you when you are over here Shortwun.
Al

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom