New year

Name
Ron lippold
Well this is not how I wanted it to start. The last 18 months have been really bad, I am having to let my right hand man go. He has been with me for 6 years, he has actually saved my life twice. He can run the trucks he uses the software, fantastic with the clients.
Sure as hell bums me out.

Well it's time to suck it up and start over, god I hope things get better.
today is a new day!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sorry to hear that Ron, that really sucks after putting so much in a tech and then having to lose him. That's too bad! :frown:

If it helps any, it's not just you. Lots of people struggling in this economy. My son delivers for Fedex, he said Friday an woman broke down crying on him, telling him she was going to lose her convenience store. :cry:

Tough times for sure, hopefully 2013 is better!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Well this is not how I wanted it to start. The last 18 months have been really bad, I am having to let my right hand man go. He has been with me for 6 years, he has actually saved my life twice. He can run the trucks he uses the software, fantastic with the clients.

today is a new day!

We lost a key person in 2012 also and it really screwed up my whole year, haven't been able to replace him yet.
But now its just time to find a reliable guy and start training all over again, the perfect candidate just doesn't exist.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Ron, if u don't mind me asking what has been so bad the past 18 months? Are sales down ? Are those bigger paying jobs started to dwindle? I am concerned to hear this coming from you. Did you have to let your right hand man go because the work wasn 't there and his hours were suffering or did you pay him to much? Did you pay him hourly, salary, hourly plus commission? Sorry for so many questions like I said your post REALLY got my attention. I also lost the best tech I ever had this summer (he was my son) and we had just a couple soft weeks and he ran back to the restaurant business thinking he could do both, but I ended up hiring 2 part time guys instead one for days and one for nights. My day guy is super good ( better than my son) but he comes with ALOT of baggage which is aggravating to deal with. Before anyone jumps on my son issue I did not raise him his momma did and he had some entitlement issues that she taught him, but he was really good but wanted it all now and he was not a very mature acting 20 year old.

Last edited:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

today is a new day!

The great thing about this business is you CAN run it yourself. You'll be fine Ron. I've worked alone for the past 26 years and love it. The employees I had were fine hard working guys but when I shitcanned them my net income soared. I did have a gal answer my calls and book my jobs for a long time but she was replaced by a pocket cell phone that I use on the job saving a boatload of money.
The transition is difficult, mentally, initially, but physically your body adapts to the load quickly, and the additional new money in the bank every week is a soothing salve.
When you hit slow times like right now in the dead of winter in MI, you can just close your doors and fly to the beach without anyone sobbing about their Friend Of The Court bills or any other mickey mouse bullcrap. Good luck to you in the new year.

Name
Ron lippold
Billy, lance made a good 15-18 an hour, plus bonus when there, I bought lunch, uniforms shoes and such. I have mailed out 20,000 post cards to great demographics, with almost no return sm worked like a champ, been slow lately, the google man kicked my ass last year, thanks god fred got that back.

im just holding my breath.

i can do the work myself its just not there.

Back
Top Bottom