newb...considering a prochem bear

Hobbs

I'm 52 and changing careers. I'm going into this business.

I imagine I'm going to cut my teeth doing apartments cause my wife knows a couple of managers,

I have the chance to buy and old pro-chem bear and a rx-20 in a 1987 dodge van, complete with rust and more rust, for 2,000.00 it seems like a very good price but I don't have a darn clue really.

Anyone want to give up some advice. I don't have a lot of money to start with so old and cheap is the way I have to go but I don't want to throw away the money I do have.

The guy says its old and rusted but it still works great and I can start cleaning carpets tomorrow with it. He says he'll fire it up and show me how to use it.

it has a 4 cylinder Nissan engine with 5800 hours on it. He said they are supposed to go 10,000 hours and there's lots of life left on this unit?

any real advice would be greatly appreciated.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Ask him if you can take it to the local supply store and see if they can look at it. I would check compression on the motor, the heat and pressure. Run it for about 30 minutes under normal operating conditions.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Will you have any money in reserve for repairing the equipment if anything fails (as it will)?

Check to see if it has a Daishin or Cat Pump. The Daishin is difficult to impossible to find parts for.

Hobbs

I'll check on the pump.

thanks, I'll ask about the pump

How does this unit compare in size, suction power, etc. Was it a "Cadillac or a Volkswagen in it's day.

I've been reading all the posts and "I've got this sized blower or that sized blower" what is considered a nice sized blower and what does this one have?

Thanks again,
Hobbs

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
It's on the smaller side of the machine scale. If I remember right it has a 16 hp motor and a Sutorbuilt 3mp blower. You're looking at this being a step up from a portable. If it was taken care of it could be a good machine.

Hobbs

more info

I found out it has a sutobuilt 4ml. how does that stack up? Is it a small medium or large blower ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom