Newbie pre-scrub question

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Yeah I know right. My prespray is so good and i use the 360i i dont usually need to prescrub..

But.......... If i did.. I did once and the buffer flew across the carpet. I think those black brushes on there were not for carpet..

So....... Is there a special brush to do it with? Erik sent me a brush but thats what it did.

so can I just use a red pad? OR are there different ways to do it..

Detailed instructions please!!!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
get better pre-spray and a 360i and stop waisting your time................

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have an account. that per there corporate instructions I have to prescrub.. just to make it look good. My prespray is so good i dont usually have to scrub.. but should probably know how to do it

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
do you know how to run a rotary??
they're less forgiving to poor technique on carpet with aggressive brush or pad compared to wet tile .

You can't "manhandle" them so easy on carpet when they get squirrelly like you can on wet tile

and if you have it balanced right, there's no reason to manhandle at all

..L.T.A.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
get the blue brush with the adjustable middle and you can start off with it high until you get the hang of it.

start in a large open area, slightly raise or lowering the handle moves it back and forth.

gene

Walt

Try a little extra prespray. Red pad is fine on commercial and trashed residential. Beige is friendlier to residential and a little easier to control

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Brushes are for carpets. They can last for many, many years. I carry several in my van, some larger than my 15" machine (with a riser) some soft (for delicate wools), some medium (for most situations), some very aggressive with thick nylon bristles (for rat nasties). They need to be broken prior to use. Find a rough textured floor surface, preferably unfinished concrete.Operate the machine on this surface. Run the machine DRY for approximately 15-20 minutes. The brush fibers will take a slight set or lean in the direction of machine rotation.
Rinse the brush to remove any dirt caught when running machine. The brush is now ready to be used on carpeting.
A well broken-in brush running on a presprayed carpet should not fight you, but should just glide, moving to the left when you lift, and to the right when you push down. (Or vise versa, I can't remember.LOL)

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
The first time I tried to prescrub I scrubbed a whole house without locking the handle and trying to manhandle the thing. I swore I would never prescrub again. I was so tired that I went home and took a nap.

Then I realized that I just had to lift up and down to go right and left.

Ooops.

Name
Nate W.
Be careful with running the red pad as some guys had bleeding occur from the pad. I tried the white before. It was a lot easier then the brush. More pre spray either way...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If you have a new brush they have to often be broken in.

Run it on wet concrete for a few minutes.

A red pad on plust carpet can make a lot of problems(tip blooming) and will pull much more than a brush.

Take the thing out in your drive way and practice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom