Newbie with a Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe

cprstn54

Name
Kenneth Cooperstein
This is for home use.

I thought I understood this but Hoover's instructions confuse me. Hoover says to move forward and back with solution trigger pressed, then forward and back with trigger released.

Moving forward with trigger depressed wets the carpet but the brushes and vacuum are on dry carpet. Moving it back with trigger depressed makes more sense because the carpet sees solution, then brushes then vacuum.

Seems to me I am better off just pulling it back slowly with trigger depressed, then maybe a back-and forth with trigger released.

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
This is for home use.

I thought I understood this but Hoover's instructions confuse me. Hoover says to move forward and back with solution trigger pressed, then forward and back with trigger released.

Moving forward with trigger depressed wets the carpet but the brushes and vacuum are on dry carpet. Moving it back with trigger depressed makes more sense because the carpet sees solution, then brushes then vacuum.

Seems to me I am better off just pulling it back slowly with trigger depressed, then maybe a back-and forth with trigger released.
That's the recommended process to use with our professional machines, but with the lack of suction those residential machines have, you're correct with pulling it back only.

And I don't know what the instructions say about mixing your chemicals, but like all the other home use machines, don't put any chemicals in your machine. Just water, hot water if recommended. And apply your chemicals with a pump up sprayer with the recommended dilution and let the sprayed on chemical dwell for about 5 min

Reactions: Jim Pemberton
Back
Top Bottom