Newspaper add ?

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
I am thinking about getttin a quarter page add and run it twice a month. Does anyone have an add that has been proven to pull well that they would sell me?
Thanks

TimP

I've run basic newspaper adds in my local paper. It's fairly in-expensive and brings in a decent ROI, at least in my area. I think it costs me about 50 a week. I find that many customers use it when they forget who to call. Having a small yellow page ad here reinforces legitimacy, in my book it's about 100 a month next year it will be up to around 120 though. I also advertise with the local schools in the form of donations. You have to spend money to make money. And advertising isn't an area that needs to be cut back. I understand that it costs more in the big city but you are reaching more people than I do. If you doubt a return you should ask all your customers how they found you. I think it's the only way to tell if something really works or not, try it and ask. If it don't work or you don't like the customers you get from the form of advertising change to something else.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
don't waste your time and money in the newspaper. Take that $50 and send out 150 targeted postcards

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Actually the add would be around $600 and It would reach around 40,000. I may not do it but if I did I was thinking about doing a free trial offer. 100 sq ft free type of a deal.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Find your biggest phone book and get on their internet site.

Direct marketing is always best...next to referrals.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
We didn't have much luck with newspapers but we only tried it a few times, And, where we live there are several newspapers, half of them are free so everybody gets them. I've heard more than a few folks say they work well for them. It seems like newspapers pull better in smaller, rural areas than in bigger urban areas. That was the case with the one newspaper ad that did work well for us. It went out in a small, local paper in what was then a rural area.....and it was only a business card ad in the services section.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
MARKETING TIP!!

Search your area.

Sometimes niche newsletters can be a good value. Neighborhhod associations, Realtor publications, Civic organizations, clubs, ect.

Most send out a copy every month to their members and they also archive back copies on their websites. So, then your (even a one time) ad can appear for several years on the web.

This type of marketing can a give you back links and other places where your company may show up on web searches.

You also, likely won't be advertising along with your competition and with less cludder as you would with other media.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
The 3 keys with newspaper ads are size (yours is adequate, if not larger than needed), frequency (do it a minimum of 3 to 5 times in a row before making any judgement as to its effectiveness) and reach for $ or CPM (Cost Per Thousand). Another can be paid vs free delivery, as many free papers are not as well read as free, though those that get the free ones tend to lean a little more towards a local service person.

Your CPM seems very good, I wonder if the 40,000 they gave you as a munber is hoe many are delivered vs how many "read". This is often a sneaky trick that the ad reps use, bringing in the pass around factor in a household. If only 20,000 are delivered but thewy say 40,000 "read" it they are implying that 2.5 people read it at the delivery location. Use the delivered as your basis for analysis.

Ken

rhyde

Name
rhyde
How many of those 40,000 homes are in your target demographics? 600.00 bucks can put a lot of postcards in the right neighborhoods

IMO, free trial offers bring out the problem clients

The most successful marketing IMO is to existing clients

TimP

Marketing to your existing customers is very important.

But if you want to expand more rapidly you need to advertise and to the places you want to do so.

In my area I need everyone the whole newspaper mails to. I'm in a rural area and I'm tryin to pull from 20,000 lower income customers. Luckily newspaper here is cheap. I plan to direct mail next year. I've got a good customer base made up now that I'm keeping better records.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Your existing clients have friends and the most powerful marketing you’ll ever have is a referral from an existing client to a family member, friend or acquaintance

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom