Nissan NV 2500

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
So I have been doing my homework on all these high roof cargos. I really like the Nissan NV but I do see the MPG is horrible. So I've looked into the Promaster and Transit high roof. I've seen more issues on those mechanically. Whether the brakes, transmission, etc.
So my question to you guys who have newer vehicles other than the Chevrolet. What are your thoughts on all models?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Is mpg really that important? How many miles do you drive per year? What would the difference be in fuel costs between the different models?

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
Is mpg really that important? How many miles do you drive per year? What would the difference be in fuel costs between the different models?
Not by much. Fuel isnt really a factor for me. I have been looking at the promaster 2500 156ā€™ but I see a lot of mechanical issues with that model and also with a transit. I think having reliability would maybe work with the transit.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Here's why I didn't go for the NV. I didnā€™t like the idea of losing valuable cargo room due to the long front hood. I almost bought one when they came out but then saw Rob Allenā€™s setup and realized it wasnā€™t the way I wanted to go. It's a shame, but that stupid 4ā€™ hood out front is stupid for a cargo van.

Last edited:

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I have a Transit with the medium roof and the extended wheelbase but not the extended body. Tons of room. Iā€™m a ā€œSunday driverā€ so I havenā€™t caused any mechanical issues. I can stand up in the back. Iā€™m 5ā€™9. I talked to several owners of different brands before I purchased and they all complained about something. I noticed that if it was just an employee they hated whatever they were driving. If it was the owner it was fine and got the job done.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Just a myth about nissan's reliability. They are not in the same league as a honda or toyota . When I went looking for a suv with my friend I found nissans were assembled here but had transmissions from mexico and other things from canada brought in. According to consumer's reports the nissan line is only average at best. The pick up trucks are horrible.

Reactions: The Great Oz

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
Here's why I didn't go for the NV. I didnā€™t like the idea of losing valuable cargo room due to the long front hood. I almost bought one when they came out but then saw Rob Allenā€™s setup and realized it wasnā€™t the way I wanted to go. It's a shame, but that stupid 4ā€™ hood out front is stupid for a cargo van.
Iā€™ve seen your video on the brake issue. Howā€™s that going?

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
NV was ugly to me at first but it grew on me a lot. We have a 3500 high roof. The engine compartment being out front is actually really nice, so much easier to access everything. Engine is tested to 500k miles

space in the back isnt amazing but it works great for a truck that just does carpets/tile, if you do hardwood and other services I would just go bigger.

I got it because the price was right, 70k miles 2015 3500 high roof paid 14k cash.. literally brought 14k cash to the dealership was listed over 18k

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
NV was ugly to me at first but it grew on me a lot. We have a 3500 high roof. The engine compartment being out front is actually really nice, so much easier to access everything. Engine is tested to 500k miles

space in the back isnt amazing but it works great for a truck that just does carpets/tile, if you do hardwood and other services I would just go bigger.

I got it because the price was right, 70k miles 2015 3500 high roof paid 14k cash.. literally brought 14k cash to the dealership was listed over 18k
If you measure the cargo area, how does it compare to a regular wheel base ford or Chevy?

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
quite a bit more space than our chevy express but ours isnt extended, being able to stand up inside with plenty of room over your head is nice too.

Reactions: Cleanworks

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
quite a bit more space than our chevy express but ours isnt extended, being able to stand up inside with plenty of room over your head is nice too.
Iā€™ve got the extended express. The issue I have is itā€™s not a 1 ton. Iā€™ve had it for 2 years and have been putting a lot of money into it. I want the high roof model but wasnā€™t sure which truck to go with. I know the NV isnā€™t extended which is a bad thing for me.

I love the space.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Iā€™ve got the extended express. The issue I have is itā€™s not a 1 ton. Iā€™ve had it for 2 years and have been putting a lot of money into it. I want the high roof model but wasnā€™t sure which truck to go with. I know the NV isnā€™t extended which is a bad thing for me.

I love the space.
Ya I mean if your city isnt super dense with townhomes just get a box truck. Personally I dont really like working out of vans.... I like having tons of room and nothing cramped plus really easy to swap parts on TM

Reactions: LCCFL

steve_64

It was a freak thing. It went away. Im thinking the indicator got in a weird position the popped back.
Rust can flake off rotors or other brake parts and get caught up between the pad and rotor. Happens quite a bit.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Rust can flake off rotors or other brake parts and get caught up between the pad and rotor. Happens quite a bit.
It did happen after a major rain and weather change. I wonder if that had something to do with it. It's seems to be all good now. At least I have new brake pads around for when it's time to change them

Reactions: steve_64 and LCCFL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom