Nissan UD 1400 water pump.

Name
George Valliant
Hey!

That smokin deal on the Vortex 777 turned out to be more work than anticipated. It needed a list of stuff including a new heat exchanger from Johns Custom Machine. Ouch! (I'll post pics next chance I get).

After installing the HX it look likes the water pump on the Nissan UD sprung a leak and is now weeping antifreeze.

Anyone done the waterpump on a big truck yet? Parts will arrive here tomorrow and I'll only have a couple hours for the install. Is it do-able or what? Any shortcuts, tips or tricks?

I'm a carpet cleaner not a mechanic! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the best tip I can give you is not to take short cuts on things like this.....water pump looks pretty straight forward from what I can see....take your time and pay close attention to how everything came apart.....tighten the bolts in a pattern like you do when you change a tire....just don't over torque them....pump bolts like to snap.....you may also want to consider getting some high temp sealant (red) and put on both sides of the pump gasket to help it seal.....If you rush things like this you are only going to cause yourself more problems in the end......

Name
George Valliant
Thanks Jim,

You're right, shouldn't rush but the V has been down about 4 weeks now and I'm itchin to get behind the wheel again.

The pump was $350 and the dealer will do the install for another $325. Fair enough but the downtime is killing me.

Makes me wonder what's next. Got nearly 4k in repairs so far.

Name
BradFenstermaker
George do not rush this repair, use RTV sealent on pump and block with gasket. Did my Dodge just a few weeks ago TWICE. Forgot the sealent.

Anything you may take off that has signs of wear replace. Shouldn't be to bad just take your time.

My V has been fun repairing, at ten yrs old somethings are gonna need some love.= $$$. lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom