No electricity

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
How much do you guys charge to bring a generator to the job site when they have no electricity?

We’ve always charged $35, but it’s a rare day we end up bringing it. They usually wait and get the electricity turned on or bring one for us to use?

cobra

Name
DJ Holland
we always bring one to job site(already on the trailer). If we use it, we just charge appropriately. They called me to do the job and I do it with the tools I have. either that or they pay for my time waiting on the power?! Just sayin

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Rarely use a generator on WDR losses. We usually try to get the power on. We would need too big a unit to run all the airmovers and dehumidifiers needed to dry.

We use a little Honda for Fire losses to run lighting a charge $45.00 a day.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Thanks, guys. I”m asking about carpet cleaning. Some landloards want the rental cleaned to show it but the electricity isn’t on, etc. On rentals I require the techs to dry well which requires a generator.

steve_64

ive hooked up to the neighbors once or twice. i run a bane, all electric.

ive also walked away from jobs when it wasnt available.

fortunately it doesnt happen often.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I wouldn't charge more than 10-15 bucks..."just sayin"...

When I run into a no electricity place to clean, I just run a 100' extension cord from the El Diablo and there is my electricity. "just sayin"
It's a good thing that the El D has the generator for the diesel burner. It's easy to vacuum and run rotaries- just turn on the truckmount. "just sayin"...

Man I hate that phrase "just sayin"!! Why do grown up adults use it??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
We've asked the neighbor before for short term electricity but as you mentioned I'd have drying concerns.

We slipped the neighbors a $20.00

$20? A WHOLE $20? I'd laugh my ass off if that was all you offered me- after I kickied your ass off of my property.You're one cheap tightwad....:oldrolleyes::lol:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
If you own the genny (don't have to rent it) and you rarely need it you could just include it in your regular price. It could enhance your reputation as a "can do" company. If the only revenue you loose is 35 bucks every month or two seems like a good idea to me.

No power? No problem!

steve_64

i tell all my customers about that richard, yet so many dont care or just ignore my warnings. and in the winter they dont even want to run the furnace above 55 degrees!

bunch of cheap bastards around here! lol

i dont charge enough to dry carpet especially for empty rentals. ive tried offering leaving fans for just $25 and have only had one person accept that. even my higher end clients dont want it but at least they will turn the heat up and understand it will take time to dry.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
The customer decided to bring his own generator -nice… We hate dragging ours out because there isn’t enough space on the van for it. We used to have a small one but it caught on fire this summer running fans on a fire house. I just hate to buy a new smaller one for occasional use and there is no place to rent one within 60 miles.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom