No heat on 570

SamIam

Name
sam miller
First job no heat. Tried budging the bimba valve no go machine was running.

Got finished with first job let machine cool took the two hoses off bimba

Took breaker bar and freed the the bimba.

Reconnected the vacuum hoses to the bimba valve which is actually a pump moved by vacuum pressure.

Heat work great the rest of the day.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Reconnected the vacuum hoses to the bimba valve which is actually a pump moved by vacuum pressure

When mine wasn't working I had a crack at the end of the plastic tubing. Right where it connects to the blower, chopped off a half inch... Seems to work fine now, til it breaks again.:hopeless:

For 25k YOU shouldn't have to do anything to it for a LONG time. Bunch of baloney.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

bill luke

im losing faith in my 570,i think the honeymoon is over;ready to move on,too many issues,hell,the waste tank filled up so fast I couldn't finish a small job today..without it turning off,and having to dump.friday I had no heat,today smoking.. pita

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I don't think it's the shaft, I think the plates inside are getting stuck with carbon and carbon/dirt debris. I keep an angled pry tool handy and have had to un-stick it twice. Didn't need to disconnect the vacuum hoses.

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
image.jpeg
im losing faith in my 570,i think the honeymoon is over;ready to move on,too many issues,hell,the waste tank filled up so fast I couldn't finish a small job today..without it turning off,and having to dump.friday I had no heat,today smoking.. pita

@bill luke

Did they put this in your machine???

Also you probably need to replace this

http://www.jondon.com/thermo-valve-165-degrees.html

Grease the bimba shaft.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Until Mikey admits to having problems with his, all of you guys will be treated as if you're making all this up.

But I have to say I told you so very early on .

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
The 570 (and the 370, perhaps all their slide ins) is a partial by-pass machine (the heat exchanger) and that feature will dictate to some extent how you run it. On the far end of the spectrum you can't set yer wand down for 10 minutes (or more for that matter) and not have your water box temps possible rise to the design limit and then by-pass out the 165 degree thermo valve attached to the box. Those Cat thermo valves have a history of going out of spec; opening earlier. Hell yes install a new one to illuminate that possible weak link.

As mentioned above the vacuum driven actuator (Bimbo) needs to be moving freely. I check mine often as others do by peeking in and cycling the pump switch with the vacuum under a load. If the exhanger isn't bypassing hot air, the solution temp and the water box are in jeopardy and the water box temp valve is there to dump and will dump even faster if it's out of spec.

If the water box relief valve is within spec, the heat exchanger is cycling normal, you're limiting your time laying yer wand down and your tank is filling up, then as mentioned above turn the heat down. Start with Medium. The 570 has reputation in the field for being a "hot" machine. SS designed it for dual wanding. If you're single wanding at full throttle under full vacuum loads you should try managing the exchanger by asking it to by-pass at a lower temp then High.

Another thing to keep adjusted is your vac relief. SS has noted some high heat issues with the 570 and one thing they changed was setting the relief at 13" instead of the original 14". They actually made that a fleet wide spec to help hedge against issues on any models. The advertised spec on my 370 is 14" but the blower tag told the installer to deliver the machine at 13". If yer gonna single wand a 570 I'd limit yer vac to 13", limit yer idle time at the wand and turn temp to Med.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
and I just peeked at the parts breakdown of the 570, didn't realize there's no radiator coupled with the engine. The heat exchanger for the incoming water "is" the radiator. That could add to spikes in water box temps. That heat exchanger by-pass makes good sense.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Doesn't seem to be too many complaints about Hydra Master on this board... Is that because everyone mostly owns Butlers and SS machines or because there are fewer issues? Just curious.

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
How do you like your masterblend @Zee ???

How many hours??? On it would get another for $17999 the new going rate?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
To me it was a learning curve having used 405 for 14 years it took me about 8 months to get this machine dialed in.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The owner/operators love their slideins because of the high heat and vacuum performance and they don't mind the learning curve that comes along with bimba valves and recovery tanks filling up prematurely and other issues because they are the guys using the machine. The larger guys who have multiple employees, love their pto units because of the ease of operation. You can train your employee to use it in a few minutes, if he/she already has carpet cleaning experience. Yes, there are things that can go wrong as well, but they are usually a lot simpler to figure out and fix. I loved my last old Hydramaster because it was so easy to operate. Just pull up, connect your hoses, flip a switch and presto, you are cleaning carpets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom