no, it's not the same..

Mikey P

Administrator
Local San Jose cleaner just called me asking about my Aerotech.

He said he doesn't want the new est version because the blower is much smaller..

Lol

He showed this picture to a local supplier and they told him that it's the same as the blower on the Prochem Everest...

25f0f1ee-be0c-4e71-863e-c1a35d8e0fb6

While it could have been ignorance talking, if you are to put a 4.10 next to that 7 series it would look like a shoe box.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I do hope they worked out that awful whine they were getting from that new blower at connections in Vegas, the noise my my trucks a walk in the park to work by.

Aero Tech XT

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy Wilson
your right Mike, its not the same.

Yes the Helical Tri-lobe blower has a slightly smaller platform, but packs a much bigger punch than the #6 dual lobe. In fact, we are running the new Helical Tri-Lobe at 5% less capacity and still gaining an extra 10% more CFM.

Other added benefits:
  • larger shaft - 1-1/2" vs. 1-3/8"
  • larger bearings
  • less pulsation

here is an example if both blowers were running at max RPMS:

#6 Dual Lobe - Maximum CFM @ 4" HG = 850 CFM

New Helical Tri-Lobe - Maximum CFM @ 4" HG = 1050 CFM

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
your right Mike, its not the same.

Yes the Helical Tri-lobe blower has a slightly smaller platform, but packs a much bigger punch than the #6 dual lobe.
here is an example if both blowers were running at max RPMS:

#6 Dual Lobe - Maximum CFM @ 4" HG = 850 CFM

New Helical Tri-Lobe - Maximum CFM @ 4" HG = 1050 CFM

Hum-- I'm confused--- Why 4"HG as an example? Aren't we running 12-15 HG?
Also the tri-lobe has 3 lobes, which take up more space within the Case/chamber And the 412 has a smaller case then the #6 which I would think means less CFM per revolution.?. Are you operating both blowers at same percentage of max capacity? I would think you are operating the 412 closer to max capacity then the #6.?

Aero Tech XT

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy Wilson
I wanted to show examples of maximum CFM between the two blowers. The curve on one blower went down to 2"HG and the other 4"HG, so i used 4"HG as the base line comparison.

The XT's are set at 16" HG

Here is another comparison using 16" HG and maximum RPM's:
#6 Dual Lobe - Maximum CFM @ 16" HG = 725 CFM
New Helical Tri-Lobe - Maximum CFM @ 16" HG = 910 CFM

You can see with these examples the new Helical Tri-Lobe is a larger blower performance wise.

Are you operating both blowers at same percentage of max capacity? I would think you are operating the 412 closer to max capacity then the #6.?
Nope, we are operating the Helical Tri-Lobe at 5% lower capacity then the #6.

Todd Millar

Name
Carpet Solutions
Just curious, Is the new tri lobe blower quieter than the number 6 ?
Also how do your machines compare noise wise to a butler- louder, same or quieter

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Mine is currently 94 decibels which is pretty loud. Sometimes something will seem louder even thou it isn't. Different frequencies seem louder than they really are. Your ears are not a good judge. The difference between 83 and 87 is twice as loud. Your ears will only hear it being a little louder. When you close the back door on my truck it seems quieter even thou the decibel meter doesn't show any real change.

Gene

Reactions: Mikey P

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
can yOTE="Nate The Great, post: 4366832, member: 41924"]What was that?!? I can't here you...........:stir:[/QUOTE]
can you clean that other room for $10.00 cash

Reactions: Mikey P

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Yeah- The difference between a 45 and a 59 is huge. Can't imagine a 7 series blower size.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom