No More Truckmount

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
we've been cleaning the second floor of a commercial building for years twice a year. this time the building manager decided to be a D*** and not less us run the hoses. it turned a 4 hr job with 2 people into a 7 hr job for 3 people. a portable and 175 with bonnets suck.

i don't know how you guys do it.

I'll bet some thought my Blueline went down :lol:

gene

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Got any local distributors that will rent you a Cimex? That should put you back down to around 2 OR 3 hours.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Just seems like the right thing to do -- adapt and overcome -- So go straight to the encap with a 175 or whatever you have. If he complains, let him know that his decision perpetuated the eventual process...ie he won't let you run hoses, then you go incognito (encapping) on him.

No hoses dude. Isn't that what you wanted? Well, there ya go.

Careful what you wish for dude, you just might get it. Now PAY ME!!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You need an electric TM from Terry.

Roll that puppy in there and take care of business. He's built a few electric machines on golf carts for large commercial work.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Encapping should be much faster than HWE. Have a tech with a backpack spray right ahead of the 175 with pad. Get your game on and you'll see that the building manager did you a terrific favor by making you concider alternative methods.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I bought a porty a couple of years ago used it twice and sold it for pennys on the dollar. Anything i can't run hoses to gets the 175 / Cimex from now on.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I bought a porty a couple of years ago used it twice and sold it for pennys on the dollar. Anything i can't run hoses to gets the 175 / Cimex from now on.
I finally bought a mask to wear when I cleaned with a portable, it didn't make me feel any better cleaning with it, but at least there were no questions as to whether the client is getting robbed or not. :roll:

Never met a portable yet that I didn't hate using. :mrgreen:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
the Mytee guys are waiting to talk to you outside Chavez. Look at the last name before slamming portables

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
images

Rutt Row!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
3 guys, 2 cimexes, be done in 1-2 hours tops. 175 is way too slow.

randy

Name
Randy
I would be inclined to totally ignore the building manager and schedule the job for when he is not there, after hours whatever. What is he going to do, call the police ? So what.

I ran into this when we still operated truck mounts. It was in a gated community of $3,000,000-4,000,000 homes that prohibited truck mounts because of the noise. The home was totally empty and the new owner wanted it steam cleaned. No way was I going to allow some stupid little community regulation stop me from doing the job, and it was 5500 square feet so a portable was not a consideration. We just showed up late morning and started cleaning, about half way through the job the community security/gate guards showed up. Real idiots that were looking for a fight. We just ignored their knocking until they turned off our truck mount. One of my techs that was a huge guy was out there guarding the truck mount from the security guards until I finished the cleaning.

While we were rolling up the hoses the police showed up with security. The guards had this look on their faces like "your in for it now". The cop came up and said we were violating the communities policies and they wanted us to leave. I said nope, the homeowner hired us and I have reason to be here. Then he asked me for id so the security punks could write us up. I declined, " nope the community policy is not law and you aren't authorized to enforce them anyway. We have done nothing illegal". With that I went into the house and finished a few other things we needed to do. The cops left but security set out front taking pictures of the van and us. When we started taking pictures of him he bolted.

Don't assume you have to obey some stupid rule just because some asshole says you do. I learned that while incarcerated in a christian high school run by psychopaths.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
we have mostly gated communities and it's actually against the law for them to prevent a homeowner from using whatever service they want. i posted a similar story to yours months back and the cops read the riot act to the guy who turned off the machine. we also cleaned his carpet a few weeks later. (cop)

However, in high rises they can and do stop hoses from going up the outside of the building.
the guy who hired use told us to use the portables because of the the building manager so we did as told. I'm just glad he gave a heads up before we arrived other wise I don't carry a portable. we sprayed with red intensity, ran it through the portable and used it for the bonnet. it came out nice but took a lot longer. we charged more so it's fine.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom