?noitseuQ

Name
I'm Rick James
I have a 3ht propane heater. My stem for the fresh water intake broke because of the vibration. I fixed it and had to replace the steel coated water line because it started to leak. I went to Jon Don and replaced it with a stiff heavy duty line. I moved the propane heater off the TM frame, to prevent the vibration on the coil. The stiff replacement line I bought still vibrates the cold water intake stem pretty good and want to avoid furthure damage. So my question is that:

Can I use the typical steam line as a replacement for the my lines going in and out of the heater and do you think it would reduce the vibration on the stem. I never run over 500 psi.

Thanks

use 1/4 '' pressure hose and a pulsation dapner.

Picture2010406298.jpg

truckmounts030.jpg

John Middleton said:
Les,

Is that heater SAFE in that position? Combustable lining beside (almost, if not touching) the heater? Closing off the vents in the base.

John

ALL is good with the set up it's been running for 3 year'now.

I have a lot of setups like this running .

Picture2010406294.jpg

R

R W

Jeez......I hate vans that look so neat inside...............like they're never out working.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Thanks Les.

In New Zealand and Australia, that would be illegal. In fact, OSH would have an absolute field day with you over it.

I was wanting to set up a fixed 2HT heater for my fire cleaning rig and found out a few things.

They CANNOT be mounted INSIDE a vehicle that will have passengers (I got around the whole stinking thing by going with a tralier unit instead of a van.)

If they are mounted in vehicles that have occupants, then they MUST be externally vented and totally sealed from the inside.

Next comes the running of them. They were not allowed to be run inside even the trailer without an externally vented set up. So unless I wanted to put a vent through the roof of the trailer, it was a no no.

Finally, I assume that ALL heating units will have a minimum distance to ANY combustable mterial. This is primarily what I was questioning above.

In the end, I decided to have a free mounted unit that we can place either right beside the trailer or have the ability to take with us closer to where the team is working in the advent of not being able to park close enough to the action.

John

Greenie

damn....and I thought Cali was bad....are you free to have more than 2 children in NZ? Do you pay $10 for a pack of smokes?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom