Non-Foaming Pre-spray......

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Any suggestions for a pre-spray that doesn't foam? When I was using straight Procyon as a PS and rinse, never a foaming problem. Even with Vacaways products....not much foam. But with PC pre-spray for those nastys, lots of foam. Now I have to set my waste tank float even lower so as not to pull foam into the vac ports. The Genny vac power will reach down over 12 inches to the top of the waste water and start to pull foam through the blower. I do use powder defoamer, but usually after the foaming starts. I'm so used to using non-soap products such as Procyon that this has be come a big PITA!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Or crystal defoamer.. but what product are you using? PC is not very good descrip. Prochem makes a ton of presprays.

Just fyi... the O2 system is not a low foaming prespray and usually doesn't foam. and So far from what I can tell, Redline is a non foaming prespray and good golly does it work well.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
meAt said:
what PC (prochem or PowerClean?) pre-spray are you using, R-Dub??

Ultrapac nor PowerClean's UP knockoff foam much at all

..L.T.A.

ProChem Ultrapac.....reg and LV. I'm just getting the foam in the tank, and with the Genny kickin up that much vac, it pulls it right up to the filters. Haven't had any this week. I lowered the "kick on" level for the APO, so it's dumping out sooner. Crystal defoamer takes care of it.

I was just so used to using non- detergent type pre-sprays and never getting foam (other than cleaning an allready soapy carpet).

G

Gnu

OR>>>> just put defoamer in the spray bottle. it will not foam while using it and it defoams the tank. all in one solution. I use it in my prespray all the time if I am using foamy stuff.
If you have a metal tank its best to use prochem with silica defoamer it will not eat the tanks. plastic or metal. fyi

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom