noob cleaner

FFA

Name
FFA
Hi yall, im a noob cleaner. So far i have 4 jobs under my belt.
Im trying to get all my chemicals organized and i was wondering how you guys categorize everything that you carry on the van. For example: emulsifiers, rinses, pet stains and odor etc... What do you make sure you carry to insure that you can do any job.(specific brands not required)

Thanks for the help guys

Reactions: A.J.

FFA

Name
FFA
For instance if your doing inventory. Whats your list look like?

FFA

Name
FFA
Show me ten pictures of the back of cc vans and i bet the only chem ill make out is osr... And TM

hogjowl

Idiot™
But, you'll see the lack of categorization in them.

Listen, all kidding aside ... there is no way I am going to sit down and type out every freakin product I carry.

But, thankfully, we have a few nice guys on here that will. Saiger being one.

FFA

Name
FFA
But, you'll see the lack of categorization in them.

Listen, all kidding aside ... there is no way I am going to sit down and type out every freakin product I carry.

But, thankfully, we have a few nice guys on here that will. Saiger being one.
How about a basic list that you make sure you have and order heavy?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Sheese ... I can tell you are going to be a pita.

I buy almost everything from Cobb's Carpet Supply.
PowerMax
Flex with Citrus (not from Cobb)
Red Dye remover
Gum Remover
Formula 90 (not from Cobb)
Fels Naptha (long story ... it's in the laundry isle at your grocery store)
Acid Tile Cleaner
Solvent upholstery protector
Water based protector for carpet
Acid based upholster cleaner
Rust remover
Microban Clean Carpet Cleaner (for those jobs that smell- Get it from Pembertons)
40 Vol Hydrogen Peroxide (called Fabric Brightener at Cobbs)
Odorcide - for those jobs that stink, but you're not cleaning them, or you're post deodorizing them.

FFA

Name
FFA
Yea, cobbs powermax is what im going with, it was highly recommended, i think its 100$ for 45 lbs. Fels bar ground fine and add an ounce.

Buck1955

Name
John
Liqui-gel is great which would be a gum, tar, cosmetic, oily remover.
Hydra sensor (water job, or pet)
UV light
headlight for spotting
non-teflon iron
towels
floor protector (especially in winter)
snow shovel
salt for sidewalks
pet urine product

Reactions: FFA

hogjowl

Idiot™
I grind the Fels up on a cheese grater and put a palmfull of it in a 32 oz sprayer and mix with super hot water out of my TM. Awesome spotter.

I use the Powermax for almost all carpet and tile. If the tile is really really bad, and it will take an acid cleaner, I use Viper Venom. It the carpet is REALLY REALLY greasy, I use Flex with Citrus.

FFA

Name
FFA
Ive got the wallpaper steamer, tried redone, its not great. So im going to try red zone ready. Thx for the list, ill work on it.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Yea, cobbs powermax is what im going with, it was highly recommended, i think its 100$ for 45 lbs. Fels bar ground fine and add an ounce.
Personally I wouldn't grind up fels naphtha and put it in anything. Just take some blue tape and wrap the bar. Peel of the end as you need it. A little rub will do it. Plenty of flush because any residue will cause a reoccurring stain.
We carry odorcide, flex, fabric prespray, and 40 volumne. That covers most everything for cleaning We use 2-1 and maxim protector. We also use occasionally rust remove, red relief , solvent clean.

Gene

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
Sheese ... I can tell you are going to be a pita.

I buy almost everything from Cobb's Carpet Supply.
PowerMax
Flex with Citrus (not from Cobb)
Red Dye remover
Gum Remover
Formula 90 (not from Cobb)
Fels Naptha (long story ... it's in the laundry isle at your grocery store)
Acid Tile Cleaner
Solvent upholstery protector
Water based protector for carpet
Acid based upholster cleaner
Rust remover
Microban Clean Carpet Cleaner (for those jobs that smell- Get it from Pembertons)
40 Vol Hydrogen Peroxide (called Fabric Brightener at Cobbs)
Odorcide - for those jobs that stink, but you're not cleaning them, or you're post deodorizing them.

Thanks Hoggy

Reactions: hogjowl

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper

Use the fels as a spotter, powermax(or just about any good pre spray) is just fine on it's own. Find a couple of things that work and stick w/them(for now). Four jobs in you shouldn't have to reinvent the wheel making you own concoctions. What are you using to clean? TM, portable, etc...

On the truck:
2 different pre sprays - powders, 6lb tubs
2 rinse products - powder emulsifier/detergent and liquid "acid type" rinse.
Upholstery shampoo
deodorizer
osr(haven't used in years)
scotchgard
citrus solvent/gallon

Pretty much every thing else is in the spotting bag. Solvents, oxidizers, reducers, fels, etc...............

None of this matters if you have nothing to clean. How are you getting the jobs you have? How can you get more? February is going to be a tuf time to start any carpet cleaning biz(assuming you get winters).

FFA

Name
FFA
Use the fels as a spotter, powermax(or just about any good pre spray) is just fine on it's own. Find a couple of things that work and stick w/them(for now). Four jobs in you shouldn't have to reinvent the wheel making you own concoctions. What are you using to clean? TM, portable, etc...

On the truck:
2 different pre sprays - powders, 6lb tubs
2 rinse products - powder emulsifier/detergent and liquid "acid type" rinse.
Upholstery shampoo
deodorizer
osr(haven't used in years)
scotchgard
citrus solvent/gallon

Pretty much every thing else is in the spotting bag. Solvents, oxidizers, reducers, fels, etc...............

None of this matters if you have nothing to clean. How are you getting the jobs you have? How can you get more? February is going to be a tuf time to start any carpet cleaning biz(assuming you get winters).
I have an ez tm, and im not planning on starting yet. Just trying to cover my bases. Thanks for thr help guys, i really appreciate it.

Reactions: jcooper

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom