Not A Current Glide User Questions?

G

I have been looking into Green Glides for my 12" Samco Wands, but unable to find any; today I noticed while shopping around the Mytee makes Banana Glides for my Samco wands. What is the differences if any?? I keep hearing how they improve dry times from Green Glide users; Are the affects the same with the Mytee Banana Glides?? And why is there such a big price difference?? Green Glides are 3 times the cost of the Mytee Banana Glides.

Curious and interested in either one as to try them out.

harryhides

Name
Tony
admiralclean said:
In other words, Mikey ain't real sure what the deal is ... so, for once, he's keeping his bucket hole shut.

That was pretty lame Marty.

I know you can do better.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Well no one is tackeling this issue so I'll shovel out a somewhat half thought out responce.

Greenglides work on the premise of flow restriction physics and of course kinetic motion. A restriction in a tube with flow causes an increase in flow at the point of the restriction. This can be ilustrated rather easily by sticking your thumb over the end of a garden hose. Restricting the water causes a faster flow. Building off this idea, if we can increase the speed of the air flow into the wand at the carpet wand interface, we can recover moisture more efficiently. Glides also utilize materials with lower coefficients of friction than the standard metal wand lips. This means easier to maneaver the wand on the carpet. Hence forth the name glides.

So... banana vs GreenGlides. Well banana glides are made with Poly-Tuff PTFE plastic and Green glide are teflon. In general, most would agree that teflon holds up better. If greenglides does not make a glide for your wand. Call them up and ask them to take a look at your wand model. I bet Greenie would work with you.

Greenie

wow I need to hire Sweendog.

Just buy the mytee glide, it'll serve you well, you have the same wand mytee sells.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom