Not all dirt is created equal...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have lived in Minnesota where the dirt is pure black and very rich......

and then in Oklahoma where it is nothing but red clay....

Here in Arizona..we have just plain dry dirt.....

Would you think that your pre-spray of choice would work on all types...
or maybe is that why they may work real good for some....but not for all....???

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
So not only is it a dry hert, its a dry dirt! lol

If its dry, a good vacuum will get it out.
Clay is a bugger to get out, very fine, esp when it gets damp.
Normal dark soil has more moisture in it, little bigger.

Then its just oils and soil.

G

Dont you have alot of red dirt?Does play a role in what you use,so I 2nd the yes

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Jim,

Your observation offers at least partial explanation as to why presprays and "emulsifiers" have relative sales disparities in our differing store locations.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
You missed my answer, Just oils and soils (what's stuck to the fibres) A good prespray should work here just as well as there. Body oil is body oil, the 20% remaining on the fibres should be about the same wherever you go.
If a prespray doesn't work for one but works for someone else, it'll be another factor.
I had a prespray that was mediocre when I used it with a porty, but with my tm it was great.

Rex Tyus

Jim I agree with your assertion. There are too many factors involved to simply think one prespray will cure every ill. Besides it makes me feel better when I tell a customer
I have a preconditioner JUST FOR this situation :D

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have heard some of the old schoolers commenting on how certain presprays work well on houses where the customer uses ice-melt on their driveway and sidewalk because of a certain surfactant or something.

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
I think thats a good obersvation because I hear some cleaners say they just LOVE ultrapac and LOVE powerbreak and Ive tried both and neither impressed me at all.

We've got the red clay issue here though....

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
The development location of the prespray I think could defantely make a difference on how effective the prespray would perform in a certain area. A place with rich black dirt is going to have a lot of organic stains from the soil breakdown vs an area with red dirt is going to have a much more defined red clay infused with the soil. And a place with a lot of sand and dry dirt will have a lot of impacted soil in the fibers. When a manufacturer produces a said product they are most likely going to be testing it on the conditions that are prevealant in the area of the development. Someone could correct me but I believe somewhere Les or Judson's mention something along the lines that the O2 system was developed to attack the staining from the red clay topsoils prevelant in that area. Naturally this product is very diverse but in compared to few other presprays in other regions. It doesn't seem to work as well.

As mentioned above, body oils will not change... but the impacted soil and organic compounds found in the soil that do not vaccum out, the type of foods and minerals in water sources, and even the local air polution can and does vary by region let alone from job to job. So it would make sense that certain chemistrys would more effectively for certain conditions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom