Not something I would want to do for a living........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
But once we got a good system down it went pretty smooth.......

IMG_5044-1.jpg

IMG_5046-1.jpg

IMG_5045-1.jpg

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_5056.jpg

IMG_5059.jpg

IMG_5060.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
ronbeatty said:
Jim, It would be a lot easier on your back. !gotcha!

side of the truck wasn't to bad......I had to take a few extra pain pills for my neck to do the back door..it was starting to get to me.......the passenger side is going to have to wait..we did not order enough transfer tape and ran short of the color for the lettering because I had to pull a few off and redo them......

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Cool- would you be willing to give more details? Where did you get the paper and what type? What kind of printer is that or is it even a printer? My dad has a large printer i wonder if would work. Does the printer print out the lines and then you cut along them with an exacto knife or do you just use stencils?

i switched vans and havent done a sign yet. Since work has been slow maybe i should consider doityerself.

i can feel my self esteem drop when ever i read Jims posts. lol

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
it is not a printer....it is called a cricket....and it cuts vinyl.....the stuff that we ordered is the same type that the sign people used for the logo and the larger lettering on the truck....the vinyl is supposed to last 10 years (?).....the machine cuts the letters/words out and then you peal away all the waste leaving the words on the backing...then just take transfer tape and press it onto the words and peal them off.... then line it up on the truck..press them on and peal off the transfer tape.....

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Jim Martin said:
it is not a printer....it is called a cricket....and it cuts vinyl.....the stuff that we ordered is the same type that the sign people used for the logo and the larger lettering on the truck....the vinyl is supposed to last 10 years (?).....the machine cuts the letters/words out and then you peal away all the waste leaving the words on the backing...then just take transfer tape and press it onto the words and peal them off.... then line it up on the truck..press them on and peal off the transfer tape.....

You did the ENTIRE trucks lettering with a CRICKET??

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
AshleyMckendree said:
Jim Martin said:

You did the ENTIRE trucks lettering with a CRICKET??

no...the sigh people I use did the logo and the real large lettering...the cricket we have will only go up to 4.5 inch letters.....so we did just the bullet points on the truck and later on there will probably be a few other things that we may add on...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, that's a nice nice job. Really pro.

I still would have paid to get it done. lol

How long did it take?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Thanks.........

this may be the layout for the other side when the vinyl and transfer tape come in........not real crazy about it but my space is really limited on this side..... what you see is all I got to play with and not try to crowd everything........if someone can think of a different way .....I am open for ideas..................

trucksign.jpg

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Thanks for posting the link - I was searching high and low for a Cricket vinyl cutter. Now I see it's Cricut - not Cricket!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
dgardner said:
Thanks for posting the link - I was searching high and low for a Cricket vinyl cutter. Now I see it's Cricut - not Cricket!

sorry about that........old habits are hard to break..................

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom