Notchin A TWAND

Name
BradFenstermaker
I need to do mine also. Scared I will flub it up though. Greenie sent some pics with my glide but do not have them anymore

Waldo, its an EASY 3 step process!

Step 1 : Put wand in car

Step 2 : Drive 1000 miles to Connections (or another industry event, we chose Orlando 2005)

Step 3: Talk Greenie into notching it for you

notchyerTi.jpg

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Greenie where are your safety glasses? Those abrasive wheels can shatter in an instant.

I think it is time we talked about shop safety.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Brian Luddy said:
Greenie where are your safety glasses? Those abrasive wheels can shatter in an instant

That's exactly what I was thinking, Dan

Wal-DOH, you're far too inept to do it yourself.
it involves a scribe, cutting tools and a minimum of skill.

Bring it over and I'll do it for you.
I have crayons and coloring books to keep busy while i notch it for you

..L.T.A.

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Greenie notched mine a few years ago in Mikey's garage and it looked factory. It sure makes in alot easier to clean out the debris and change glides.

Kelly

Ever notice that titanium dosent spew sparks every where like steel does when you grind it ?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Waldo and Brad,

I'll email you the pics.

ROFLMAO, you guys wouldn't believe the weird places he has notched Ti wands, most of those off the cuff requests were performed without eye protection as well...seems he didn't remember to pack eye protection when heading to Connections. I remember doing that wand, one of those discs blew up and cut through his jeans, his underwear and put a gash on his thigh, he's still got a scar from it.

In the shop he usually uses an angle grinder, Dremmel's eat up the discs pretty bad and take a long time.

Larry, he doesn't use a scribe, just freehand's them for the most part. He's never ruined one yet.

Those who have Ti wands and want them notched, but are afraid to do it yourself, you can send them to Jeff, and he'll cut them for you, $20 plus return shipping. If you buy one of our "Climax" wands from us (pimped Ti with glide) it comes notched. Also if you buy your Ti elsewhere, you can have it shipped to us, he'll cut it, and ship it on to you for $20 plus shipping.

Take care,
Lisa

Bob Foster

I believe in keeping it simple in my shop.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

G

after reading this thread , I now understand most carpet cleaners are not mechanically inclined whatsoever.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Gee you copy cats!

I mention "notching" my POS castex wand so it doesn't clamp down on CGD and everybody takes credit!

LOSERS!

Just don't make a buck off of my genius!

Rex Tyus

after reading this thread , I now understand most carpet cleaners are not mechanically inclined whatsoever.

FINALLY a break through. If we were we would be machinist, or mechanics, or something respectable. :shock:

:D

Jimmy,

It is hard to imagine a 1.5" shaft with a 16" headed wand locking down on vinyl much less carpet. Even with a 56 blower. :p

A. wilson

That's exactly what I was thinking, Dan

Wal-DOH, you're far too inept to do it yourself.
it involves a scribe, cutting tools and a minimum of skill.

Bring it over and I'll do it for you.
I have crayons and coloring books to keep busy while i notch it for you

..L.T.A.

Too Funny.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jimmy Ladwig! said:
Gee you copy cats!

I mention "notching" my POS castex wand so it doesn't clamp down on CGD and everybody takes credit!

James, this isn't about notching the bottom of the wand lips to facilitate increased air flow.
It's a notch on the wand wing that allows you to slide a glide off the side

Brian, I don't know about other wand types and glide fits, but my Green glides fit tight on our Ti and took some force to slide it on.
At first there was zero movement.
Now after a couple years, the slot glide (which gets used 99% of the time)
Is starting to slide a little.
Just a tap and it's back in place.
You could also do what vEEgs did and screw on a small piece of sheet metal to lock the glide in.

It's also important to grind off the bit of the lip bump on the end, or it will shave teflon when sliding the glide on.

I cut mine with a Dermel to start the V, then found a 4.5" grinder with edge wheel was the perfect tool to finish the profile.

..L.T.A.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Joe Bristor will do it for 1/10 of what greenie will charge you :lol:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
MeatHed I said it was on the ends of the wand, just where GreenHOLE did his.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Remember I've had 15 years of constant use to "Upgrade" my POS Castex wand.

The "Breather holes" are only the tip of my ingenuity!

After all this ain't rocket science!

Or is it to some?

So KMA again and again!

Greenie

Just another fine Jimmyism, can't tell the difference between notching a splashguard and a vacuum slot.

Right about the time he figures out a #5 blower has a 4" vacuum port and his wand is only 1.5", he might figure out these "advanced tools" come with splashguards.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom