Nothing like the first time. "This is going to be fun!"

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Joe Gabel accepts delivery of the first version of the 2016 MOR Time Saving Equipment: 16' Wash/ Rinse/Wringer:

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Not a bad 5 hours of washing while learning how to use a new rug shop tool. Hear what Joe says:

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
This video is very interesting. What a pleasant surprise when this viscose piece had NO pile distortion after going through the machine:

Reactions: cleanking

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Joe Gable did over $12,000 in 5 hours the first day. All have hand woven and only one Tufted Rug. Joe said he still had time to run another 2,000 - $2500 sq. ft. of "crappy" rugs for as low as $1.00 a foot and that would still make a profitable day.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
sounds like he's got a great business going there. I wonder if he would treat a silk rug the same as the viscose. I recently had a customer who paid $800.00 for a 5x7 silk rug to be cleaned by a very reputable cleaner and it came back with visible pile distortion and matting.

Name
Nate W.
Joe Gable did over $12,000 in 5 hours the first day. All have hand woven and only one Tufted Rug. Joe said he still had time to run another 2,000 - $2500 sq. ft. of "crappy" rugs for as low as $1.00 a foot and that would still make a profitable day.

While watching the video, I did see 1 rug dripping when it was hanging.... I want to say it was a green colored rug but I'd have to confirm with watching the video again...

Also, how much water is left without using the centrifuge? Imho, if I paid 250k I'd hope the machine wouldn't leave it very wet....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Which reputable company was that?
I wouldn't want to trash him. The owner is a nice guy and very honest and helpful. I think he hasn't been able to train his staff to use the new equipment properly yet. I have several complaints from people who use his service. I would like to tell him but without offending him.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Compression wringers at 2500-3000 psi, with an optimum durometer reading on the rubber between 65-70, cannot wring out a rug like the g-forces created in a centrifuge. (Joe ran a few rugs through the MOR without centrifuge to see if there was a huge difference. He concluded there was.

As for equipment doing the work: There is NO replacement for a human to determine what the rug needs are upon inspection and understanding of construction. This must be followed by a trained human to address the circumstance in the best way with method and care appropriate for the rug with what tools he/she has available. That includes chemistry and grooming too.

I have seen the best operations in the USA mess things up on occasion. It's humbling when it happens. I'm sure it happens to everyone once in a while. When your competition has it happen it benefits you for sure if confidence is placed in you to restore it. Currently, I have a messed up silk rug now that came in stinking of urine due to the inability of the competitor inability to remove the odor and managing the wash appropriately. (The color migration and pile distortion is terrible)

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Compression wringers at 2500-3000 psi, with an optimum durometer reading on the rubber between 65-70, cannot wring out a rug like the g-forces created in a centrifuge. (Joe ran a few rugs through the MOR without centrifuge to see if there was a huge difference. He concluded there was.

As for equipment doing the work: There is NO replacement for a human to determine what the rug needs are upon inspection and understanding of construction. This must be followed by a trained human to address the circumstance in the best way with method and care appropriate for the rug with what tools he/she has available. That includes chemistry and grooming too.

I have seen the best operations in the USA mess things up on occasion. It's humbling when it happens. I'm sure it happens to everyone once in a while. When your competition has it happen it benefits you for sure if confidence is placed in you to restore it. Currently, I have a messed up silk rug now that came in stinking of urine due to the inability of the competitor inability to remove the odor and managing the wash appropriately. (The color migration and pile distortion is terrible)
I hate it when that happens.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I say that because I'm getting tired of customers letting their animals piss all over their house and then let it sit for days or weeks and then bring them in for us to work miracles.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It's hard for people to let go of their animals. I did a job yesterday that was hopeless from the start. The customers knows it, I know it. They are hoping cleaning will help even after I have told them that it won't and will probably make it worse. This is the third time in a year and half that I have done the same job with the same results. They don't want to pay for a restoration and honestly the carpet isn't worth it and they are not getting rid of their 6 cats. My truck smelled like a urinal this morning and that's after I dumped the tank and rinsed it. Didn't rinse it good enough I guess. The wife loves her cats and the husband loves his wife and the cats love pissing on the carpet. I get paid whether it works or not.

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
We have a client like this, only it's their dogs. We are out there every 6 weeks, same rooms, same treatment, and then the they keep letting the dogs do it again. Its over $500 per visit, more money than sense I guess, we don't mind.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I say that because I'm getting tired of customers letting their animals piss all over their house and then let it sit for days or weeks and then bring them in for us to work miracles.
We charge enough for miracles to make it worthwhile for us... or make the customer think twice about whether it's worthwhile for them.

Reactions: KevinL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom