November MB Hall of Fame

Mikey P

Administrator
New feature here

Quote of the month
-"Don't put me into a position here, Mikey... but I'll send you pictures".
-Jeff Cross

Tip O'Da Month- Judson's DD12/Quat-A-Lot.

Most Active New Member- A tie actually with 10 posts each..Plubcrazy,Ronald Payne and mwall2230, Mike Wallace

Picture of the month
-

DJ4.jpg

hogjowl

Idiot™
Notice that the tip of the month was Mikey's, and the quote of the month was directed at Mikey?

Damn ... are those guys in the picture sitting under Mikey's house?

leesenter

Can I copy this picture and use it in my health and safety class as how not to do a job??
Is this guy really going to turn on an air mover and aerosolize all that soil??
Where are the hardhats on EVERYONE?
Where are the respirators?
Where is the eye protection?
Where are their harnesses for emergency rescue procedures??

steve g

Name
steve garrett
leesenter said:
Can I copy this picture and use it in my health and safety class as how not to do a job??
Is this guy really going to turn on an air mover and aerosolize all that soil??
Where are the hardhats on EVERYONE?
Where are the respirators?
Where is the eye protection?
Where are their harnesses for emergency rescue procedures??

the last thing I would want on in that situation is some sort of harness, I think it poses much more danger than any good, it would be too easy to get caught on something and greatly impair movement, if any rescue is needed I think a harness could be put on after ward, sometimes a little common sense needs to be applied to the situation

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I want a recount on the post of the month... I think this one should have won...
"Go ahead & ACE with me... You can be PETAs first martyr & a coyotes next meal."

How about a poll?!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sure Lee if you think it will help in training!

They were all issued Hard Hats, as you can see a few decided not to wear them after they had fallen off a few times. They are adults, they were briefed of the concern and why we need bump hats and if they choose not to wear it, they signed off of responsibility.

This was NOT a confined space, it was close quarters but there were several entries and exits.

The air was tested and and showed no elevated levels, so no need for respiratory protection, as per the IH on the project.

"aerosolize all that soil"
We had concerns also, so we had several 1-HP Axial Exhaust fans running so we wouldn't get any back flow into the school.

We used a manometer to document that we kept the area under negative pascals. it varied but it was never less than .009 printed and documented with the invoice.

You got me on why they were not wearing their goggles! :lol:

The drying setup was after 2-days of tear out of the wet pipe insulation (NO Asbestos-it was also tested) and bio burden removal.

They all had eye protection during that phase, why they choose not to during setup ?

I guess you always have to watch your employees. Not matter how well you think you have your bases covered, it still comes down to implementation!

Sure use it!

The Preacher

why was it whan this country and the one north of us was built without all the OSHA ans workers comp interference??? If a road or bridge had to be quickly constructed to save millions those millions would die due to OVER regulation. Common sense should be allowed to prevail!!!

Kelly

Sewer Mice..... lol its been awhile since I've heard those words used in a sentence together.

Ron Payne

Oh Memories

Mike that looks like some places I have worked when I worked for some one else, not fun. Poor guys glad I'm not one of them anymore. I would also like to thank you for this board, I am being somewhat educated here and did subscribe. Tried to email you but don't know if you received it. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom