Now thats HIGH PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
We ran two lengths to clean @ 2300 of Resi nylon today.
My wand had 200 going, the 1st 50' was 2.5 and the chimp had 150 including a 50 of 2.5 as well.

All went as planned, nothing out of the ordinary carpets were drying as normal. Meaning cool to the touch in about 20 minutes. One room got AP'd because she had a installer coming tomorrow to tighten it up.

When I went out to shut the V down I saw a bit of water coming out of the silencer. I commented to my helper about perfect timing.

When I turned the rev's down I got quite the surprise....

A sudden wave of filthy brown water shooting out my drain hose right at my gut.

The damn drain was open for the entire job!

When I first got the V I cleaned a few rooms with the drain open and maybe a couple times more since then. Since the first time I've been able to sense a loss of suck but not today...

Why is that you ask?

The Green Manifold!

Drawing air from 3 sides of the tank is like magic I tell you.

Ask any of the (few) guys here who own one of Jeff's Vanifolds, they'll you about the greatly increased air flow on longer hose runs as well as being able to run the truck at lower RPMs and get more vacuum then stock at 1700.

What other truckmount will let you clean with the tank drain open and still get phenomenal dry times?

6008 owner owe it to themselves and to their clients to get a Vanifold.

Even if you dont use 2.5 and choose to single wand with your dual wand machine. You'll still get 1/3rd more suck with no effort on your part.

Take advantage of the 'Vortex" inside your waste tank.

Greenie

I've made several versions, each one a slight improvement over the last for net airflow.

Here are a couple of versions, the next one will probably be the final, it's a combination of the two you see here, it'll be ready in a few days if the planets remained aligned.

DSC01768.jpg

DSC01761.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01768.jpg
    DSC01768.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC01761.jpg
    DSC01761.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 159

Mikey, do you fire up the bbq with a flame thrower to.
i have always thought of using the blower as an automatic dump out to. i will say this, either you are a special kind of hack or you have the mother load of truck mounts. 4" holes in the waste tank is the future

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:
Ask Greenie to post one ..

But ask yourself....
Have I ever steered you wrong?

Get one !

Yep.....you told me the V was not a good O/O machine

liar..........

Shane

Greenie,

Will the final version be 2.5" all around or can you get one in a combo of 2" in the back and 2.5" in the front?

Cost?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Also does it come in a 2 to 1..... in a 2 inch and if so............ how much

Greenie

"Greenie, very nice, now how the hell does that thing work"

First off.. the pic is actually showing the manifold from the Backside.

It just brings three 2" hoses off the waste tank to a common "chamber" then goes out to two 2.5" ports, that way you have three hoses sucking on two hoses if you follow me, it totally unleashes the beast, and is particularly wicked in a round tank with three evenly placed ports that have 90º turns inside, it really induces a Vortex in the tank.

Jim: If you just want to use 2" hose, and just run a single 2" tool, I'd probably just stick with the Y off of the Vortex/AT standard ports, the 5 port manifold is really for 2.5" hose use.

If you look close you can see the 3 ports are all 2" and the two are 2.5"

As of now the manifold looks like it will be $125-150, I'm gonna weld up 10 and see how production goes. In the final version all ports will be straight, none of the angles will be kept, looked good on paper, turned out to be a PITA to hook up two big hoses at the same time.

2"sYs are $49
2.5" Ys are $59

Already have 5 "sold".

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

Now you're starting to sound like Nick.

Only "Free Flow" difference is that you used a 2" hole for the flow modification.

:roll:

You are the same person who can tell the difference from a slight modification to the vac tank filters.

Now, tee off your hi-pressure hose into an open hose and tell us that it still didn't have any effect...

Larry Cobb

i never looked at it like that Larry, 2" free flow....wow. really makes ya think, either Mike is not so brite or free flow rules. free flow on a big blower like that is the way to go imo. sure that round tank is way better than a square but, that 2" dump hole is practically at the blower. my 47 would let me know fast that my 1.5 dump is open with 100' of 2" hose. who says ya gotta have the relief on the blower. Mikey you probably would run a much more fuel efficiant vortex if you leave that valve open all the time, and the overall life of the machine. Mike how many gallons does that tank hold.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jeff,

That Vani-Fold.....Looks like it would work GREAT on my PC 805....It already has the 3
2" ports on the w-tank..... :!:

Name
George Valliant
Mikey P said:
Are there 3 ports?

if so get one.

I'm screwed. There's only two 2" ports coming off the waste tank.

Somehow I need to take them daul 2's and convert them into at least one 2.5" port. I rarely dual wand.

Greenie had some ideas but sounded a little technical for a bonehead like me. Besides, I don't want any locals using a hole saw and cutting torch on my waste tanks.

I'm thinking about getting his Vanifold and capping off one of the three 2" ports. At least i'd be able to single wand 2.5 all day and I'd have a spare 2.5 for dual upholstery mode.

Its not ideal but it's not a #6 blower either.

Right?

Btw, where is the Vanifold designed to be mounted? I'm thinking it might mount nicely on the underside of the box truck for easy access.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Greenie,
Could you make one with your standard 3 2" ports entering then (1) 2.5" and (1) 2" exits for those of us who haven't made the switch yet but plan to in the future? If so, then I would need a 2.5" and a 2" plug.

Let me know

Billy
P.S. Awe heck nevermind (I had a brian fart), I could just use a reducer for one side. Let me know when your new one is ready for shipping. My address has changed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom